Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to get a back protector for Grattan and am wondering how important is CE certification? Also how much more important is the better protection of level 2?

The three I have looked at are:
Level 2
Level 1
Non-CE
Of course other suggestions are welcome.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CBRVFR said:
Why get one that only keeps dogs away from the flock? There are wolves out there...
:) I am leaning toward the level 2. The comment in a post about the level 2 transferring 50% of the force that level 1 was persuasive. That said I don't know if it is overkill or just good.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sheepofblue said:
:) I am leaning toward the level 2. The comment in a post about the level 2 transferring 50% of the force that level 1 was persuasive. That said I don't know if it is overkill or just good.

Presuming that the fit is good, and that the overall comfort is such that you'll actually wear it, there is no such thing as too much spine protection.

Also, 50% better protection for 24% more $? Passes the cost/benefit ratio test in my book..
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agree as far as fit most will be sight unseen (aka mail order) So suggestions on a level 2 would be appreciated. The Teknic got :thumb: from owners and the A Stars got the same from New Enough. The third is a bit more of an unknown as were all other level 2's I could find.

Thanks the pelt you save may be mine :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
I bought a Bohn back protector and wear it along with the built-in protector in my Vanson suit. FWIW, I was flipped up high into the air in a pretty nasty highside and landed on my back on the track and walked away. Without the protector(s), I doubt I would've gotten up. No matter what you pick...wear it.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Red Rider said:
I bought a Bohn back protector and wear it along with the built-in protector in my Vanson suit. FWIW, I was flipped up high into the air in a pretty nasty highside and landed on my back on the track and walked away. Without the protector(s), I doubt I would've gotten up. No matter what you pick...wear it.
Yes and that illustrates my question perfect. I can see nothing on the Bohn site about CE certification yet for you it did the job. So is the CE cert. soemthing I should seek or just one of many factors?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
sheepofblue said:
Yes and that illustrates my question perfect. I can see nothing on the Bohn site about CE certification yet for you it did the job. So is the CE cert. soemthing I should seek or just one of many factors?
it leads me to the question, is Knox armor better than CE? haven't really heard much about Knox at all really.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
sheepofblue said:
Yes and that illustrates my question perfect. I can see nothing on the Bohn site about CE certification yet for you it did the job. So is the CE cert. soemthing I should seek or just one of many factors?
Good question. I never thought about the CE cert when I bought it. I wouldn't worry that much about it either way, just find something you like and wear it...always.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
I have been using the Teknic 7 plate for about ten years now. Two triple digit get-offs (and a few slower ones as well) with no back problems whatsoever. What I like about it is that the plates themselves give and absorb impact before sending it to the dual density foam, unlike many other back protectors that are solid and transfer everything directly to the foam padding.
Whichever of those you go for will do the job just fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
My Dianese 8 plate still has the impression of my ex-teammate's GSXR1100 front tire where he ran over me at around 90 mph (after I hit an F3 (that was sliding across the track) at the same speed). Everyone that saw the incident still thinks I would have been either paralyzed or dead . . .
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top