Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought myself a shuffle so i had some music to ride. I have it loud enough to hear it but not so loud as to not hear sounds around me. it came with little earbuds but everytime I slip my helmet over them, they either pop out or turn. How do you guys keep these things in?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I dont care for, or use the earbuds that came with the I-pod. I use a pair of Sony MDR-EX71 earbuds. More comfort/snugger fit, better sound. About $40-.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, Koss earbuds work for me. My wife wears these 'iso' sumthin's that are major $$$, but the only thing with the Koss's are taking the helmet off. Then I just stick the 'foam' portion back on the tiny stem, as the stem will pull out of the foam. Putting the helmet on is no problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just seen these for a little more money MDR-EX81. Has an ear clip thing-a-ma-bob to help hold them in the ear better and supposedly sound beter. I may give them a try after seeing them availible now and reasonably priced.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Silent_Assassin said:
Just seen these for a little more money MDR-EX81. Has an ear clip thing-a-ma-bob to help hold them in the ear better and supposedly sound beter. I may give them a try after seeing them availible now and reasonably priced.
..don't bother, im getting another pair of the 71's. The 'clip thing' and the aluminum post is too universal and fashion geared - so it basically provides your helmet more surface area to gnash them out of your ear canal. :rant:

OTOH - they do work really well for hanging around at your desk with the end just sitting in your pocket - now that people can see the big Al piece sitting there - they just don't talk to me, ipod or no :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Silent_Assassin said:
I dont care for, or use the earbuds that came with the I-pod. I use a pair of Sony MDR-EX71 earbuds. More comfort/snugger fit, better sound. About $40-.
u use these with your helmet?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
stegen said:
u use these with your helmet?
Yeah Stegen I have used these alot with my helmet and have found them to work extremely well. They have a real small profile and tuck away into the ear nicely. I can generally pull the helmet on and off easily without worrying about them dislodgeing or getting yanked out. For the price, they are definately worth it. After using the Sony's you will soon find you have no need for the ones that came packaged with your i-pod. Mine have held up very well so- far. And after reading that you have a Best buy gift card I say you cant go wrong. If you get them, post back.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SomeStrangeGuy said:
..don't bother, im getting another pair of the 71's. The 'clip thing' and the aluminum post is too universal and fashion geared - so it basically provides your helmet more surface area to gnash them out of your ear canal. :rant:

OTOH - they do work really well for hanging around at your desk with the end just sitting in your pocket - now that people can see the big Al piece sitting there - they just don't talk to me, ipod or no :thumb:
Thanks Strange I'll skip em for now then. I like the 71's I have now anyway. At first glance they appear to be a good buy for another $10-.

·
Registered
86 Posts
southpark460 said:
If you want the best, look at the Shure's... Expensive as hell, but it's only money. :D
if it were a street only application, and these stayed in my ears like the Sony's I'd have given the 'budget' shures more of a shot...or the etymotic(sp?).

For me I bought the '30$ sonys' based on a review put together in the old school board by 2OHOH2954, comparing their sound quality on the ipod to about 70% of the super exotic ones he had tried, with only 20% of the cost if I recall.
I fell in a river with mine on (in a helmet, on the klr) and they came through it ok suprisingly. What actually did them in was the D ring on my Arai hooked a piece of the cord in its clasp and when I went to remove the helmet and didnt realize it was wrapped - I basically ripped one apart out of/in my ear.

The joint where they split was easily repairable - but the low frequency response was never the same in that ear, looks like some coating or something they used to bond the two surfaces originally sorta chipped off and that made one ear sound funky. The micro drivers themselves appeared unphased by the water etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've thought about getting some Shure's, especially since I'm eyeing the Nano as a more portable option to my iPod. You can catch a hell of a deal by watching TechBargains. Just haven't made the jump yet. Damn RC....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
southpark460 said:
I've thought about getting some Shure's, especially since I'm eyeing the Nano as a more portable option to my iPod. You can catch a hell of a deal by watching TechBargains. Just haven't made the jump yet. Damn RC....
I have a set of the Shure E2Cs and like them a lot. One side quit working though, so they need to be sent in for warranty (2 yr warranty). Hear their customer service is very good.:thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have the Sony MDR-J10. They work awesome. Around the ear with the earphone facing you ear canal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the ultimate ear studio 3's after trying the shure, epytomic (sp?) and others... I'd like the UE studio 5s but I don't like my iPod quite that much!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts