Honda Pioneer Forums banner

i need a new helmets which one to pick

6K views 30 replies 3 participants last post by  CBR929RE 
G
#1 ·
i have a ariai quantum f right now but im looking for a new one has to be light and good vents but not to much noise cause i will be doing long trips around 16 hours so would like it to be on the quiet side any idea which one

G
#2 ·
get an arai corsair...and some earplugs:p

Here are some pics of mine. Got it through Robert at the service pavillion, excellent guy to deal with, great service too, nothing but pleased with the helmet and the service I got.
Oh and since I missed your first post...Welcome the the .org

G
#3 ·
Gotta try them on to see what fits. I have an Arai RX-7RR4 and it's really noisy, but I wear ear plugs. I demo'd a Shoei X-11 and it was much, much quieter, even though I was wearing a size too big. I'm due for a replacement next season and I'll be deciding between the Arai Corsair and the Shoei X-11.
The X-11 seems to fit "Arai heads" unlike some other Shoei models.

Edit: Oh, and welcome to the site from another New Jersey member!

G
#6 ·
Good ventilation causes big noise. I'd say get the best helmet available that fits you comfortably and get some custom earplugs. (according to your screen name you are big and rich, right?)

G
#11 ·
I had an Arai and really liked it! I believe it was the Quantum model. The Corsair is certainly their flagship along with a huge price tag. Since selling the 9R ( and the Arai), I have been VERY pleased with my HJC AC-11. Fitting is definately a must. Not all helmets fit the same way even if they are the same size. Good luck in your search.

G
#12 ·
I bought a Scorpion EXO-700 a few months back, and wear it EVERY day. I love it so far, and the price(~$180) is right. It fit me better than the Corsair, X-11, and RF9000. Fit and finish is great, materials look to be high quality, it's the most comfortable helmet i've used, and it has all the features of the high priced helmets (anti-fog shield is GREAT for rainy days). It's noisier than i'd like, but still more quiet than the arai.

G
#14 ·
PrplHaz4 said:
I bought a Scorpion EXO-700 a few months back, and wear it EVERY day. I love it so far, and the price(~$180) is right. It fit me better than the Corsair, X-11, and RF9000. Fit and finish is great, materials look to be high quality, it's the most comfortable helmet i've used, and it has all the features of the high priced helmets (anti-fog shield is GREAT for rainy days). It's noisier than i'd like, but still more quiet than the arai.
I now wear one of these too. Got it to replace my 2nd Arai Signet. I love the Scorpion, very comfotable, great price and quieter than my Arai's:thumb:

G
#15 · (Edited)
Great thread! I have to jump in and ask Prp and Joseph how the Scorpion compares to the Signet? I think I already know as both of them like it.

I have a long oval head that only works with a Signet or a Z-II. I like both, but I find limited choice in graphics often makes me wishing I could fit into a Quantum or other model.

Since I am abtech's twin (albeit much shorter and rounder in the middle) the AGV he recommended is also in the running. Frank, is there a particular model AGV you use?

Uh...I'm also in the market for a new helmet. I...uh...well...sorta boogered up my Shoei 6 weeks ago.

G
#16 ·
maxib said:
Great thread! I have to jump in and ask Prp and Joseph how the Scorpion compares to the Signet? I think I already know as both of them like it.

I have a long oval head that only works with a Signet or a Z-II. I like both, but I find limited choice in graphics often makes me wishing I could fit into a Quantum or other model.

Since I am abtech's twin (albeit much shorter and rounder in the middle) the AGV he recommended is also in the running. Frank, is there a particular model AGV you use?

Uh...I'm also in the market for a new helmet. I...uh...well...sorta boogered up my Shoei 6 weeks ago.
sorry to hear about the crash, at least you're looking for a new helmet, and not a new wheelchair :thumb:

I honestly can't accurately compare it to a signet, as I've only worn my friend's briefly, but long enough to know it didn't fit me as well as the scorpion. The scorpion really is the first helmet I've worn that actually felt like it fit my head correctly...really don't know what that means, but they're definitely worth trying on, and can be had at the local moto shop for about the same amt you can get them online for (~$170)...

#17 ·
maxib said:

I have the X-Vent, although they have some upgrades. Just check out their website and look for specials once you have a chance to try one on.

Since my Helmet turns 5 years old this month, I will be looking as well.

G
#18 ·
abtech said:
I have the X-Vent, although they have some upgrades. Just check out their website and look for specials once you have a chance to try one on.

Since my Helmet turns 5 years old this month, I will be looking as well.
Isn't it B'day 6 that is time to burn? (ie for a helmet of 11/00 it would have one more year being OK in year 5) I get confused on zero based things :D

#19 ·
sheepofblue said:
Isn't it B'day 6 that is time to burn? (ie for a helmet of 11/00 it would have one more year being OK in year 5) I get confused on zero based things :D
According to WERA/CCS/AFM. once the helmet attains the age of 5 years, it needs to be retired. If the helmet was manufactured in 12/2000 (like mine was), then 12/2005 completes it's 5th year of existence.

G
#22 ·
abtech said:
ummmm if your helmet was manufactured in 11/2000, then it has already been on this planet for 5 years. You need a new lid buddy . . .
:crap: nope but it is 03/01 so it is still dead. I really have a challenge with time keeping :O

At least there will be no wolf on the new one :eyebrows:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.