Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
I wear earplugs regardless of the helmet (as should you) so its hard for me to really say...

I've heard the Shoei and Nolan are pretty quiet though...

what model helmets do you have?

-jh

· Registered
54 Posts
why in the world do you wear earplugs???

Because wind noise will eventually cause you to lose your hearing... :thumb:

I thought the same way you did until I started wearing them... now its just flat out annoying to ride w/o them.... Especially at the track!

They're really cheap if you buy em in bulk and well worth the price... you only get two ears!

-jh

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wear an MP3 player LOL.. Go to your local dealer and ask to try out a shoei x11 or rf1000. Helmets are designed to try and be rather quiet, but at the same time there is saftey in hearing the enviornment around you too. I also hear the Arai is a good helmet (from the arai rep), but i am just a shoei man.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:plus1: on the earplugs. I never used to wear them years ago, either, because I didn't know any better. My hearing would likely been better had I worn them from the start. I wear them all the time, both track and street. It blocks out the wind noise, but still allows you to hear what's going on around you. I find it also greatly reduces fatigue on long rides. I cannot ride without them.

The question is "why in the world WOULDN'T you wear earplugs?"

· Registered
54 Posts
Wearing earplugs can be described as driving in your car with the windows closed as opposed to wide open.

You can still hear the important things around you... including other cars, bikes, emergency vehicles and key sounds from your bike.

An MP3 player will only make it worse because most people turn up the volume to overcome the wind noise... then they really cant hear things around them.:music:

A good alternative is the sound deadening ear bud/speakers... they cancel the outside noise so you dont have to have your music blasting so loud.

-jh

· Registered
54 Posts
i talk to myself. i have an hjc cl-14. it's not too bad.

As long as you dont talk back to yourself or start arguing...

My scorpions exo-400(?) seems quieter... but again I use earplugs so I hardly notice.

I also have a CL-14:thumb:.... my flip helmet is loud.... :thumbd: I would never survive w/o plugs

-jh

· Registered
54 Posts
i always find myself singing born to be wild. i don't know why.
maybe because you belong on a Harley?:idunno::idunno:

There's only one song to be singing when you're on a CBR...

Now download the lyrics and go out and practice....

Its not "I'm driving like I'm black"..... Its "I'm driving black on black"

Then ride around and tell me if you feel faster

-jh

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My fav foam plugs are the Howard Leight "Laser Lite". A big box has lasted me a few years so far, and there's still a ton of them in there. Plenty to share, and I have a pair stashed in my tank bag, helmet bag, jacket, etc.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.