Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:mad: The Field Armor Leg/Knee armor won't fit me. bummer. They say you have to have a calf size of 16" or less... gotta be a freakin' horse jockey i guess.

Icon Field Armor Leg :: New Enough Motorcycle Apparel

And this AlpineStars armor looks super cheesy, like it would just rotate if it didn't take a straight 'square on' impact. We all know when you go down gear likes to twist on the body.
Alpinestars Reflex Motorcycle Knee Guards :: New Enough Motorcycle Apparel

These look better than the A-Stars "Reflex" guards... anyone have these pictured below? Opinions?
Viewing Images For Alpinestars Bionic Knee Guards :: New Enough Motorcycle Apparel

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i own the icon knee/shin guards and love them.... but i have a 15.5" calf and they are almost too small... i think they should make different sizes to they fit everyone.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, big Sasqwuach here. lol My calf measures 19.5 inches... no fat though.

I ended up buying a Teknic back protector... looks like it would protect my back well in the event of an accident... also has a velcro weight belt thing that attaches it to the lower waiste... supposedly New Enough said it should help lower back pain on those longer rides.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fastrr - I'm curious - I'm a runner and we have similarly sized calves. I bought some Sidi Vertigos recently and got rid of them because they couldn't handle my calf with leathers tucked in -- way too tight. Got some A*stars SM-X recently and they are a bit roomier and I'll live with them for now. What boots do you ride?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ICON is a fasion statement, something to where to the club.
I couldn't agree more. Their leg protection armor actually does look like it would work well... just sad they don't fit me. I have some Tarmax short cuff gloves by Icon..mesh style.. they are awesome for comfort and grip control, but would suck if my hand hit pavement at speed.

I ride with cheapo boots lol. I'm looking at the Alpi SMX boots though. I went ahead and got that Teknic back protector.. my back is already a little messed up so i figure this will be good added protection. I haven't tried on riding/racing boots yet so I am glad you mentioned the Sidi boots. I've also heard the Corsa boots tend to hang up on the heel guards of some riders/bikes. They caused couple track riders nearly crash.

Maybe in a few weeks i'll spring for some SMX or Oxtar boots.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have an ICON Merc jacket and it is an allright piece of gear for the money and will do until I can save enough for a nice Vanson leather Jacket.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.