Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a SCORPIO SRi500 alarm tomorrow. I've read through some of the instructions and it seems pretty straight forward.
The components are:

2 Way FM Transceiver
Remote ignition disable / Anti hijack kit
Factory Plug In Connector Kit for Honda
Back up power supply system.

I'll appreciate any inputs.
Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would like to find out where is the best place to put the control module. Because under the rear cowl ain't gonna work for me.:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to the Honda dealer this morning and they suggested to put it inside of the farings right next to the front left fork. They showed my how they did it on a 06 Kawa 600 which has under the seat exhausts:thumb: . They had to run some extension cables from the battery and electrical harness, which I thought was kinda weird. They wanted to charge me 2 hours of labor for about 135.00.:eek: :thumbd: Ridiculous. :rolleyes: I'm gonna give it a try myselft.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
doesn't that make it pretty easy to disable? when my bike was stolen, it looked like they drilled out the seat lock to check for an alarm :idunno: Easy to reach in and take out??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rowlex said:
Cant fit it under the seat/trunk? Thats where I put mine on my 929...
That's where the exhaust is. It would be too hot. Definetely does not fit under neither of the seats.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I did install the alarm under the front seat.:cool: Tight squeez but it fits. It's been working fine. The range of the two way remote is not as good as I expected but it works. It also burns AAA batteries very quickly but that might have to do with the over 100 degrees of temp lately and the fact that I carrie it in my pocket.

Anyways, I cannot find the cable were I am supposed to connect the ignition disconnect.:idunno: It's supposed to be near the tank but I don't know what color it is:huh: . Does anyone have some idea were to find the ignition cable near the tank and the front seat? :help: What color is it? Pics would be great...:poke: :nod:
Thanks.:thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I did install the alarm under the front seat.:cool: Tight squeez but it fits. It's been working fine. The range of the two way remote is not as good as I expected but it works. It also burns AAA batteries very quickly but that might have to do with the over 100 degrees of temp lately and the fact that I carrie it in my pocket.

Anyways, I cannot find the cable were I am supposed to connect the ignition disconnect.:idunno: It's supposed to be near the tank but I don't know what color it is:huh: . Does anyone have some idea were to find the ignition cable near the tank and the front seat? :help: What color is it? Pics would be great...:poke: :nod:
Thanks.:thumb:
Just curious - was this installed on your CBR? If so, where under the front seat did you install it? I took apart the bike yesterday trying to find somewhere to install it. Those bikes are packed full!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds like from what quick26 says the alarm box completes an otherwise open circuit.

A battery backup is a nice feature, if i had it my bike may not have even been stolen. That night my battery was dead.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just curious - was this installed on your CBR? If so, where under the front seat did you install it? I took apart the bike yesterday trying to find somewhere to install it. Those bikes are packed full!
Right now is under the front seat. I used some double Velcro tape to keep it in place. You may find some industrial strength double tape Velcro at home depot or similar store. After 10,000 miles is still in place.

When I was installing it, I called the manufacturer cause I was a bit concerned about heat affecting the electronics if I installed it under the rear seat due to the bike having a center up exhaust as I'm sure you know. They told me that the packaging of the alarm CPU has been tested to 400 degrees F and should stand the heat coming from the exhaust just fine. I've been too lazy to move it. Eventually I might if I don't convert it to track only.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Two features i wished my alarm had.. an LED warning light, and a battery back up. Otherwise i certainly can't complain about the alarm.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Two features i wished my alarm had.. an LED warning light, and a battery back up. Otherwise i certainly can't complain about the alarm.
you can put an led and a batt back-up on any alarm, radio shack has 12v blinking led's, 2 wires, red to 12v+ and black goes to alarms - out w/arm (starter kill wire, usually orange on alarms) led blinks when alarm is armed, car stereo shops can get small 12v back-up batteries that will wire into any alarm, figured id let ya know so you can get that thing the way you want it! :thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts