Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have their dirt bikes insured against fire/theft? I was quoted a total of $150/year to cover both bikes. :idunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Would your homeowner's policy not cover them, if you had enough coverage on contents?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
A friend of mine has his 4-wheelers insured. They cover it if it's wrecked too. Better than tossing $4-$5k out the window if you let it go down a raveen or sumpin'

$150/yr for both is incredibly cheap. I'd say do it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pete said:
Would your homeowner's policy not cover them, if you had enough coverage on contents?
Nope. They said it wouldn't. :idunno:


ND, That's for theft/fire only. If I wanted collision, it would be about $500/year total.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
ConqSoft said:
Nope. They said it wouldn't. :idunno:


ND, That's for theft/fire only. If I wanted collision, it would be about $500/year total.
Makes sense, either way, that's still cheap.
 
G

·
You woould really have to check with your insurance company to see what exceptions they have in your coverage. Some compaines will cover it though all under 1 policy for home and auto/bike.
 
G

·
ConqSoft said:
Anyone have their dirt bikes insured against fire/theft? I was quoted a total of $150/year to cover both bikes. :idunno:
You definitely need insurance on dirt bikes. I got mine added to my auto insurance. Premium: $150/yr. Multiple vehicle discount: $200. They actually sent me a check for $50 when I added my dirt bike.
 
G

·
$150 a year is about what I pay for my XR Conq. I have Foremost insurance. I too thought I was covered under my home policy but after speaking with my Farmers agent, found out that I had to get an off-road specific policy. I personally don't feel the need to have collision as I don't ride the street with it but maybe 1% of the time. My blade gets the other 99%!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Pete said:
Would your homeowner's policy not cover them, if you had enough coverage on contents?

I recently changed all of my insurance to State Farm, and he basically said homeowner's (renter's ins in my case) covers everything without a motor.

Full coverage for my bike for the year was $250 or something. Planning to add it soon. He also said once a year I can turn off the comp/collision for a certain period and it will only cover fire and theft at home. That is something like $10/mo.
 
G

·
ConqSoft said:
Anyone have their dirt bikes insured against fire/theft? I was quoted a total of $150/year to cover both bikes. :idunno:
I have my XR600 fully insured for fire, theft, collision and liability. It was a trivial amount of money for the extra coverage and if I bent the thing in 1/2 around a tree I'd get another one! :)
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top