Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I crashed for the first time since I started riding a month ago. Man crashing in the dirt hurts more then when I went down on my 954. I tried too hard to hit this berm too fast and ended up digging the front in and doing my best Superman impression. Since I was on the high side of the berm I rolled all the way down, right into the path of two other guys. Luckily they stopped in time and didn't run my ass over. Jacked my bar mounts up and think I cracked my throttle tube. I crashed pretty hard and feared I may have messed up my radiator but I dodged that bullet. The front fender is WAY out of alignment with the rest of the bike. Gonna have to try and bend that back. I don't care what people say crashing in the dirt is in no way "softer" then the asphault, my ribs, shoulder, and hip can tell you that. :crying:


Dano
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Really sorry to hear it, Dano. Hope you heal up fast!
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had my full gear.

Thor Jersey and Pants
Oneal Hardware Boots
Fox Gloves
No Fear Helmet
Oakley goggles
Thor Quadrant knee/shin guards
and...... Thor Force chest protector. Best investment I have ever made. I never used to wear one on my quads in years past. I will never ride without one from now on. If I wasn't wearing it I may have a cracked rib or two.


Dano
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Bummer---I understand your concern---I kind of like full leathers/helmet etc. Dirt is usually very hard---I got my first "road-rash" in 20yrs on my 450 last year----Live and learn--prolly shouldnt have looped it :idunno: :idunno:

Heal quick---so you can do it again :rotfl: :rotfl:
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know that if I got into dirt bikes I'd hurt myself way faster and probably worse on that than my street or track bike. Heal up quick!
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:eek: Dude that sux, your right though it was bound to happen. At least you walked away from it and didnt bust anything.

Conq-- Although I agree with you on the chest protector I can say for a fact they help but not all the time. Still a good idea to wear one dont get me wrong. But a few years ago I was riding my 400ex and came to the end of a trail so I turned around in my usual fashion and rode a wheelie away ( I dont care what you say its not endangering anyone but myself off road and its fun as hell so worth the risk in my eyes) well my left rear tire went in a BIG rutt and there was no hope to save this one, I mashed the rear brake but over I went, I landed right on a rock just below the bottom of my chest protector then my 400ex landed right on me. Needless to say I was in some serious pain, but my JACKA** friends refused to go back so I had to ride the whole day in severe pain when we got back I laid in the bed of my truck for 5 hours not moving then finally forced myself to load up and go home...took about a month to fully recover so I guess I was lucky it wasnt more permanant damge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
That's what you get for riding a quad. :D
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
MrX954 said:
:eek: Dude that sux, your right though it was bound to happen. At least you walked away from it and didnt bust anything.

Conq-- Although I agree with you on the chest protector I can say for a fact they help but not all the time. Still a good idea to wear one dont get me wrong. But a few years ago I was riding my 400ex and came to the end of a trail so I turned around in my usual fashion and rode a wheelie away ( I dont care what you say its not endangering anyone but myself off road and its fun as hell so worth the risk in my eyes) well my left rear tire went in a BIG rutt and there was no hope to save this one, I mashed the rear brake but over I went, I landed right on a rock just below the bottom of my chest protector then my 400ex landed right on me. Needless to say I was in some serious pain, but my JACKA** friends refused to go back so I had to ride the whole day in severe pain when we got back I laid in the bed of my truck for 5 hours not moving then finally forced myself to load up and go home...took about a month to fully recover so I guess I was lucky it wasnt more permanant damge.
I wasn't there for that one. Only rode with you on my Raptor when I shipped it back there for vaca, and the other people in the group started to puss out after a few hours of riding. What a bunch of pansies. The part that really pissed me off was when two "friends" of ours decided it would be funny to hot wire my Raptor and ride it before I got there. I wanted to kill those two A**HOLES.


Dano
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TGZ13 said:
Quads are more fun then bikes IMO :p

I grew up on quads, had my first when I was five. I must say that I have to disagree. I find my dirtbike to be way more fun then my quads ever were. I think the only thing I would own a quad for would be to go to Glamis, other then that I'll take two wheels. :twocents:


Dano
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
TGZ13 said:
Quads are more fun then bikes IMO :p
Maybe if you need training wheels for your bike. :idunno:
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
luvtolean said:
Maybe if you need training wheels for your bike. :idunno:
WOW harsh shit :rotfl:

I had bikes then switched to the banshee and never looked back :O

Then I sold all that stuff to get into the street cause there were no places to ride near me. Always had to trailer the stuff an hr away to ride and I just couldnt be bothered any more :crap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
:D

This doesn't apply to people who know how to ride them but, I can't stand riding around people on quads. Every incident I had on my dirtbike where I almost got taken out last year was some fucktard that didn't have the skill to balance a bike, so they bought a Raptor and went out riding.

I have had fun on quads, and would ride one if it was all I had, I just think there's more fun to be had on 2 wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
The dirt park where I ride most of the time just opened up a whole new set of trails that are single-track. (No more dealing with quads like on their wider trails.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Yeah. I ride at a place called Hollister Hills mostly, and you have to do some of the wider trails to get back to the good single track.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
luvtolean said:
:D

This doesn't apply to people who know how to ride them but, I can't stand riding around people on quads. Every incident I had on my dirtbike where I almost got taken out last year was some fucktard that didn't have the skill to balance a bike, so they bought a Raptor and went out riding.

I have had fun on quads, and would ride one if it was all I had, I just think there's more fun to be had on 2 wheels.
You are right... people who cant ride automatically try 4 wheels. I used to hate riding with or near people who couldnt ride makes the day so crappy.

I used to love getting the banshee sideways in the turns and just pounding jumps all day. Trailriding was fun but alot harder in a group since it was a racing bike :smilebig:
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ReaperAZ said:
I wasn't there for that one. Only rode with you on my Raptor when I shipped it back there for vaca, and the other people in the group started to puss out after a few hours of riding. What a bunch of pansies. The part that really pissed me off was when two "friends" of ours decided it would be funny to hot wire my Raptor and ride it before I got there. I wanted to kill those two A**HOLES.


Dano
No you werent one of the two I was with, but the two that I was with when it happened are the same two that hot wired your raptor.....A**HOLES is a perfect description for them :thumb:
I wasnt one of the ones that "pussed out" after a few hours, although I think thats what you were stating. :huh:
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This dirtbike vs. quad nonsense...its all personal preference, as far as the trails I like to ride here in NH.....quads all day! Winter riding in NH....quads all day! Closed coarse riding such as the PiMP (PMP) track in AZ....definately on a dirtbike.
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top