Honda Pioneer Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my first motorcycle jacket. I ordered it on-line. I am not sure exactly how the jacket is supposed to fit? Is it supposed to be tight, snug, or loose? This one seems to fit around the arms but the chest, midsection and stomach are loose. I put it on and rode the bike with it on and felt comfortable. One thing is, it seems to ride up when I lean down sometimes and interfers with my helmet. It seems that if it were tighter in the waist it might not do this. I guess I could gain weight, get a beer belly and it would fit perfectly. That does not seem logical. The belly would get in the way of the tank. Then the power to weight ratio goes down.

I bought a first gear euro tech jacket and matching pants. I like the way it looks. My wife says it looks like something from the movie Tron. The jacket size is 44. I do not if a 42 would make a difference. I went to the local bike shop and tried on a jacket that was a 44 and it seemed to fit real well prior to ordering.

Any thoughts????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm 5'11" 175 lbs, 34 waist. I wear a size 44 jacket, it fits pretty snug. You don't want it to be super tight, but you don't want it to be loose either. :idunno:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Occaisionally, the garment will have the wrong size tag. Go back to the local shop to try on the jacket, if it fits and the one you have doesn't, exchange it from the seller.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think I am going to have to send it back. The jacket keeps crawling up and interfering with my helmet. Thanks for the help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
colryn said:
I just got my first motorcycle jacket. I ordered it on-line. I am not sure exactly how the jacket is supposed to fit? Is it supposed to be tight, snug, or loose? This one seems to fit around the arms but the chest, midsection and stomach are loose. I put it on and rode the bike with it on and felt comfortable. One thing is, it seems to ride up when I lean down sometimes and interfers with my helmet. It seems that if it were tighter in the waist it might not do this. I guess I could gain weight, get a beer belly and it would fit perfectly. That does not seem logical. The belly would get in the way of the tank. Then the power to weight ratio goes down.

Any thoughts????
Many "racer oriented" motorcycle jackets are cut a bit short at the waist, especially those with a zipper meant to attach to matching pants. The look is "cool" but so is your lower back on a cold day. If you are more rider than poser, you may consider getting a jacket that is cut longer and made more for practical consideration rather than racing style. There are some good ones. I have a Belstaff jacket that I love. It still looks cool but doesn't hike up in the back when I sit on the bike or raise my arms. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think, unfortunately, that in all areas of clothing, manufacturers' sizing will vary. Unless you can actually try on the exact brand/model that you are interested in, it is a pig-in-a-poke. This is why people w/the big bucks buy custom made leathers. For the rest of us, it is hit or miss... :crap:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have decided to keep the jacket after all.I went back to the local dealer actually asked for help. I accessories manager was very helpful. He stated that if I plan to go to the track, a tight fit is the way to go. That is not my intention. So, I used the jacket over the weekend. The leather softened some in the hot Florrida sun and seems to fit a little better. All in all, I like the jacket. Now I just have to get used to wearing the jacket in the hot sun.

Thanks for the advice. :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts