Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. I'm reading a thread about icon gear and some one said something about Joe Rocket's stuff. I have had a two piece suit and boots for alomst three years (no crashes yet). It's the top of the line Joe Rocket but I didn't care for the boots (just got some A* supertechs). I do one track day a year (I know it's sad). I'm I going to have to spend $1000.00 for a A* suit because Joe Rocket is crap?

I haven't heard anything bad about Joe Rocket's stuff so if some one knows something let me know I'm 37 now and I don't heal as fast as I use to.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: This sucks

I thought of that.

I also thought if I got enough posts saying Rocket was crap I could justify getting new gear:evilaugh:

·
Registered
86 Posts

Oh see I thought you were posting this here legit - didn't realize it was "org help me buy _____" so in that case I'd recommend Vanson.

I heard Joe Rocket was busted for using tissue paper and cornsilk in their riding clothes and they should be disposed of immediately, in the garden even.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Rocket is fine... I have the speedmaster Jacket and have crash tested it a couple of times and it has help up superbly... Sorry if this doesnt help your agenda... ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

IMO, the top shelf JR stuff is good, but the product line goes downhill pretty fast.

HD

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I have a bunch of JR but recommend you upgrade to a real back protector rather than the pad supplied.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've crashed tested the Meteor and the Alter-Ego textile jackets... I'd say they did their job.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have JR stuff, and crashed tested well. But I do recommend the hard armour! Worth the extra money.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have Joe Rocket gloves, jacket, and boots. I think the quality is fine, but, as with any company, you do get what you pay for. My only complaint is that the seam line on the thumb on the gloves is in too far towards the palm. This lead to some awkward throttle control at first, but once they broke in they were fine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ICON is da bomb. Every time I wear it I get all da hotties up in my koolaid wantin a lil som'pn som'pn. You know da bitches is all about da bling.:cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tornado bait said:
ICON is da bomb. Every time I wear it I get all da hotties up in my koolaid wantin a lil som'pn som'pn. You know da bitches is all about da bling.:cool:
Actually I have some winter gloves by them and when you get away from the chrome and blingy stuff it is well made.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts