Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Enough has Joe Rocket Factory Replica 1 pc leathers on closeout for $535. For the value, are these good enough for occasional track days and street use? Seems like a pretty good deal and I've seen the suit and it appears to be of good construction. Has anyone had experience with these particular suits? I've seen other JR reviews on the forum some good, some bad), but was wondering about these and what level of quality they are. Anyone care to chime in? Was looking at the Honda replica suit...obviously!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suspect they're very close in design to the GPX suit (comparing features and images). I would recommend spending more $$ to get a better suit if you intend to take it to the track.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suspect they're very close in design to the GPX suit (comparing features and images). I would recommend spending more $$ to get a better suit if you intend to take it to the track.
I'm not familiar with the GPX suit, but I only intend to use them for the street and the occasional track day (2-3 times a year). No racing....:crying:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have both generations of the GPX suit (long story) and if you don't go to the track: I'd say it'd be fine (it should hold up for a good crash but probably not for a second). I will say that the second generation GPX (The Type R) is superior to the original.

If, however, you plan to take it to the track (where you may crash more than once) or you want a more durable suit: it's probably best to look elsewhere. I know there's tons of posts about different suit manufacturers here that would be better value (My personal choice is RSTaichi but I hear a lot of good things from Vanson).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have both generations of the GPX suit (long story) and if you don't go to the track: I'd say it'd be fine (it should hold up for a good crash but probably not for a second). I will say that the second generation GPX (The Type R) is superior to the original.

If, however, you plan to take it to the track (where you may crash more than once) or you want a more durable suit: it's probably best to look elsewhere. I know there's tons of posts about different suit manufacturers here that would be better value (My personal choice is RSTaichi but I hear a lot of good things from Vanson).
+1 one on the type 'R' I have crashed both :O The original type saved my wool but needed a bunch of repair after the crash. The type 'R' is still in use. Do a search and I have a post that compares both. The basic thing to check is the seams, less is better and rolled hold up MUCH better. Certainly there is other things that matter but that is two easy things that give big returns in pelt protection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.