Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not sure what it's like up there, but I never once turned on my beacon. I went to mount my laptimer on my bike a few weeks back and realized that it is gone - not really sure what happened there, I vaguely remember selling it to a certain someone, but I can't be sure.
Anyway, when I buy my new one I won't be getting the beacon. I don't see any situation where I would ever need it.
At every event I've been to in the past and recently out at Miller, there have been multiple guys wanting to set up their beacon.
Again, I don't know about the track up there, but I won't be wasting my money on a beacon.
I'm buying the new MyChron Lite instead as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Forget the beacon, somebody else always has one. Also, get the Mychron, from what I've heard it's a much better unit. XT's seem to be hit or miss.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The XT was flaking out on me at Grattan, until I set my minimum lap time setting up. I think it was getting feedback across the track. Don't bother with the beacon, but I think I'm going to order the download module for mine soon so I don't lose any of the data I have.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As everyone has said I have not turned on my beacon yet. It MAY come in handy if I get a group of friends together and rent Little Talledega but that is a while off.

As far as XT:
Bought one and lowsided fairly hard. XT dies next session $32 to fix
Bought a second figuring I would eBay the first after repairs and use it on day two of Rogue. Rogue day 2 is rainy, day one at Grattan get zero lap times. Test it in front of Red Rider's beacon and it will not trigger.
Swapped to the fixed one and it works great for day 2 and 3 (except when the beacon got moved :crap: )

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yea, don't bother buying the transmitter 'cuz people like me always bring one...:smilebig:

I have an XT, but I'm probably going to switch to the MyChron eventually.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SOB sounds like your is doing the same thing as mine (formerly Southpark 460). Press the Menu and select buttons simultaniously to reset it. It seemed to help mine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hammer said:
SOB sounds like your is doing the same thing as mine (formerly Southpark 460). Press the Menu and select buttons simultaniously to reset it. It seemed to help mine.
Thanks I will give it a try then test it. Right now I am trying to find the last tape from me, it should have the parade laps :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sheepofblue said:
Thanks I will give it a try then test it. Right now I am trying to find the last tape from me, it should have the parade laps :(
:rant: does not work and I snapped the :rant: :rant: :rant: CD in half when I put it in the CD tray :rant: Think it is time to call XT

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hammer said:
Damp cheap mac computers you use, I told ya.
Actually it was the 'doz box (XT doesn't run on a Mac) and I was shocked that the thing snapped and jammed my CD. Had to pull the CD player out. :rant:

EDIT: My mac is trayless

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sheepofblue said:
Actually it was the 'doz box (XT doesn't run on a Mac) and I was shocked that the thing snapped and jammed my CD. Had to pull the CD player out. :rant:

EDIT: My mac is trayless
When a problem comes along, you must whip it. F'n whip it good

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Purpdust said:
When a problem comes along, you must whip it. F'n whip it good
Yep on a roll of disaster since last night. Got 3 hours worth of tape downloaded and the project got corrupted. The XT is bad (brand new) the software is :shit: and they probably want $$ for that. And I have a tape with the parade lap on it but I can't find it :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
UPDATE:
Called XT and they will warranty it (as expected) AND send me a new CD for the one I snapped (unexpected) :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Now if I can find the tape with the parade lap :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts