Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wicked. I can't wait to get a dirtbike. It'll be a toss-up between XR650 and CRF450X.

Love those KTM's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
phobiaphobe said:
wicked. I can't wait to get a dirtbike. It'll be a toss-up between XR650 and CRF450X.

Love those KTM's

No toss up there bro, the 650 is heavy and underpowered, hence the nickname BRP (big red pig) where the 450 is light, nimble, turns like a 250 and has the power that you can't believe. It is where it's at by far for a X bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
johnnycrash said:
:thumb: Awesome bike - are you motocrossing it or going motard?
Both. I'll be ordering 17" wheels and track tires soon.

Took it out for a bit this eveing for the first time...short tight supercross type track a bit muddy... didn't need anything but first gear...this thing rips...in a nice semi-controlled way. Was all I could do to keep it pointed straight :smilebig:

J

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why didn't you just get a 450 SMC if you knew you were gonna get 17's? Unless you picked it up used of course.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ReaperAZ said:
Why didn't you just get a 450 SMC if you knew you were gonna get 17's? Unless you picked it up used of course.
SMC can't be easily converted to dirt riding because of the radial mounted front caliper and the bike sits a bit lower. If I get serious about supermoto riding, I'll probably pick up the SMC or similiar next year and leave this one all dirt.

J

1 - 18 of 18 Posts