1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
SWEET! I love that stuff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mountain bike is way too clean. Get back out there and throw some mud on it.

Nice floor. Was going to do that too but opted for just painting it. Maybe someday...

Where did ya get the material.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice!! Is that the Race Deck stuff? I was considering it for the garage addition, but I'm going to be painting the floor with the Sherwin-Williams Seal-crete instead. The rubber tile route was just way too expensive for a 25'x25' addition. Now my only decision is whether or not to use the decorative flakes in the paint! :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
HondaGalToo said:
Nice!! Is that the Race Deck stuff? I was considering it for the garage addition, but I'm going to be painting the floor with the Sherwin-Williams Seal-crete instead. The rubber tile route was just way too expensive for a 25'x25' addition. Now my only decision is whether or not to use the decorative flakes in the paint! :p
I hope that stuff goes on a bit thicker than the Rustoleum industrial floor coating epoxy. That stuff is nice, but new concrete sucked it right up. I ended up putting a second coat on in the "shop" garage stall, and I plan on doing the rest the next time that stuff goes on sale. $87 for a kit that covers 300-400 sq. ft. Not bad, until you figure TWO coats and 1225 sq ft total :eek:

I probably should have done the mats instead, looks nice :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
evl_twn said:
I hope that stuff goes on a bit thicker than the Rustoleum industrial floor coating epoxy. That stuff is nice, but new concrete sucked it right up. I ended up putting a second coat on in the "shop" garage stall, and I plan on doing the rest the next time that stuff goes on sale. $87 for a kit that covers 300-400 sq. ft. Not bad, until you figure TWO coats and 1225 sq ft total :eek:

I probably should have done the mats instead, looks nice :thumb:
I hope so, too, as I was under the impression it would just need one coat! We'll see!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is that stuff porous? I am wondering what happens when/if you spill a jug
or oil or coolant, etc?

·
Registered
49 Posts
jaim said:
Is that stuff porous? I am wondering what happens when/if you spill a jug
or oil or coolant, etc?
The race deck comes in solid or perforated. Worse case you pull it up, clean, and put it back down. It just snaps together at the seams.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
how did you get it to stay in one place. seems like it would move around if not bolted/weighted to the floor in some way.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts