Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
That's it? 3 days ago I had about 18 inches of snow, today it was almost 80. I didn't take any pictures because I wanted nothing to remember it by. But I did get some quallity time playing in the snow with the BR. It's fun going through deep snow when the ground is not frozen and there's no worries about getting stuck. On some places I was able to go fast enough so snow would fly over the hood. We probably would have gotten at least a foot more if the ground was frozen. Only a few small piles left now.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Wow!
Snow on the first of May! Saw this posting after being outside most of the day sweating my tail off. It was 91 degrees, I live near the national forrest so there are lots of trees which slows any type of daily breeze.
Back outside I go to shorted the to-do list. The oaks just dropped all their seeds and leaves so enough work in itself.
Going outside to take a few pictures of BR for posting. :D

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't have to worry about sweating here. It is currently sitting at 2 degrees here with a high this afternoon of 5. Or you you folks south of the border 35 currently and 40 this afternoon.

Chip you can keep your 32 degrees to damn hot for me. Besides I can dress for the run this afternoon but if I was down south I doubt anyone would want to see me naked running around on the Big Red.

·
Registered
277 Posts
OK, 92F (33C) today, worked outside from 8 AM til 8 tonight (with a 45 minute ride in BR for the wife and me included). Drank 4 liters of fluid (water/seltzer) and still thirsty!
You are correct Sfrankland, it is hot! However, I lived north and south and I just want to live close to a place to ride. My wife on the other hand,,, I introduced her to Florida and now she says not leaving, loves it. Her thought process, she hibernated up north for 6 months (near Erie Pa), Down here she’s inside for a maximum of 2 months (this year was longer, actually the 2nd coldest on record). :eek:
Summer is hot here! We go to the trails and stop at a swimming hole to cool off, fun stuff but the tree huggers are closing in. A few more years and I wonder if we will even be able to ride. I do stop riding the forecast is 99F (37C), no fun when all the sand just sticks to you. :thumbd:
I have ridden in deep snow before and have very found memories, BR would be a blast. I can see the need for wipers, a heater and plow. Down here we just strip everything off for air flow

·
Registered
123 Posts
We just got an inch or so of snow today. It's been snowing all day long, just enough to refresh the snow as it melts. Again I refused to take pictures as I don't want it to think it's welcome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.