Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your thoughts on honda dual sports? I am in the market and have not had time to research the Honda versions....Is the 650 the only dual sport they offer, I am 5'1 and 95 lbs so a 650 is a bit to tall for me.:cool:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Dirtbike Diva said:
I am 5'1 and 95 lbs
:ttiwwp:

:smilebig:

Yes, in the States, the 650 is the only dual sport in the current line-up. I was going to suggest an XR400 and a Baja Designs street kit, but even the 400 is going to be bit tall for you unless you lowered it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
What do you mean by dual sport? If you're talking a dirtbike with an OEM headlight from the factory, then the 650L is the only Honda like that.
However, you can get lighting kits for other Honda models faily inexpensively.
The CRF line is full of choices that would suit you. The 450R and 250R models are hardcore motocrossers, but the X versions of the same are not.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yeah, I was just thinking CRF250X with a Baja Designs kit. They're all going to be tall for you, but at least the 250X is pretty light.

I gotta think Alabama is pretty liberal in their licensing....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
luvtolean said:
Yeah, I was just thinking CRF250X with a Baja Designs kit. They're all going to be tall for you, but at least the 250X is pretty light.

Never use the L word when referring to my sheepfold :mad:

Yep honda really needs a dual purpose 250 :( Yamaha has a decent dual sport in the XT225. Not to tall and doesn't have the fat tires of a TW200

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sheepofblue said:
Never use the L word when referring to my sheepfold :mad:

Yep honda really needs a dual purpose 250 :( Yamaha has a decent dual sport in the XT225. Not to tall and doesn't have the fat tires of a TW200
The TW is not a bad bike at all if you are going to trail ride it. The tires do well on sand at slow to medium speeds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
luvtolean said:
Let's see. To get a motorcycle license if you already have a driver's license, it takes a grueling 25 question test and $20.

To register a 4 wheeled vehicle, it must have windshield wipers but it not required to have a windshield.

And those are just examples.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Heh, that'd be liberal. :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pete said:
:ttiwwp:

:smilebig:

Yes, in the States, the 650 is the only dual sport in the current line-up. I was going to suggest an XR400 and a Baja Designs street kit, but even the 400 is going to be bit tall for you unless you lowered it.
Please excuse Pete's :leghump:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
seamus said:
Let's see. To get a motorcycle license if you already have a driver's license, it takes a grueling 25 question test and $20.

To register a 4 wheeled vehicle, it must have windshield wipers but it not required to have a windshield.

And those are just examples.
And you can get all 25 questions wrong. And that is lax and less government not the L word :mad:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mojave954 said:
Please excuse Pete's :leghump:
Just doing what everyone else was too sheepish to do.

Aw FACK ME!! I can't believe I just used a sheepism! :rant: :rant:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SomeStrangeGuy said:
more importantly, how much you want for that ttr 125l ? :)
I am not selling my TTR. I love it. I just need more motorcycles, one that I can ride to work, and hit trails with, oh yeah and mud.

Aren't chicks supposed to like flowers and jewelry? How weird does that make me:evilaugh: ??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dirtbike Diva said:
I am not selling my TTR. I love it. I just need more motorcycles, one that I can ride to work, and hit trails with, oh yeah and mud.

Aren't chicks supposed to like flowers and jewelry? How weird does that make me:evilaugh: ??
Dirt bikes are great for seeing the flowers ... and with the savings in gas money, can buy lots of jewelry. Sounds pretty logical to me. :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
gt702 said:
Dirt bikes are great for seeing the flowers ... and with the savings in gas money, can buy lots of jewelry. Sounds pretty logical to me. :thumb:
I always knew there was a method behind my madness. Now I know it was prep work not madness. T hanks I like your style.

Sweet bike! :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dirtbike Diva said:
I always knew there was a method behind my madness. Now I know it was prep work not madness. T hanks I like your style.

Sweet bike! :cool:
Where there is a will, there is a way to rationalize it :eyebrows:

Thanks :thumb: , it should be fun when I get it running :smilebig:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts