Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a Shark helmet? I really like the Duhamel replica but no shop in all of Indiana has any RSR2's in stock so I can try them on. What do they fit like?
Also does anyone know where I could find any old closeout deals on the old RF-1000 Duhamel replica? Shoei helmets can be found anywhere so therefore Ive tried the RF-1000 large and it fits me good with smaller cheek pads.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
you try Indysuperbikes.com? They're on the North side just North of 96th near 69. If they don't have it, they can probably get it. And if they get it, it will probably be cheaper than elsewhere.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually went there yesterday to pick up some new Pirelli Strada's. They had about 20 Suomy helmets and 1 AGV. I was kinda disappointed on the storefront. I expected some big place with lots of stuff but its pretty small. I bought the tires from them cause I was gonna be in the area and I wanted to check out the store. Still couldve gotten them cheaper through ronayers.com or sportbiketrackgear.com.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah they do a ton if internet sales. Basically the store is so they can get in on some of the vendors that will only sell to you if you have a physical retail location.
I got my tires recently through sportbiketrackgear as well and then had them installed at a shop on the South side.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just bought a Shark RSR2. Great helmet. It gets great reviews and when you have one in your hands you'll see it's made from top-notch materials. Very thick visor and great retention system, infinitely adjustable position, great paint and vents, quiet and soft lining. You have to see one and try one to appreciate just how good it is. Thankfully I have only read about its crashworthiness and it seems to be quite good. It's a bit cheaper than the top-level Arais and Shoeis but I think holds it own in that league, if not better. Shark has changed their headshape in recent years. I tried a 2005 RSR and it didn't fit at all. The 2006 RSR2s fit great. I have an "Arai" shaped head, and most guys I know who have bought Sharks this year are the same. I have no idea where to get one in Indianapolis though... I had a bit of a tough time finding one myself here in Toronto. You might have to special order.

Oh, and the cheekpads can be replaced to custom-size it. For example I got a medium shell with extra-small cheekpads. Fits great.

--- D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats what I was thinking. Just buying one online and trying it on when I get it and so on. But that will be troublesome and time consuming. I ride everyday so I need something comfortable. I guess thats why Shoei sells more helmets than any other company, because they're everywhere. If Shark or others, wants to sell more products then they really need to get with their vendors and stock some helmets.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats what I was thinking. Just buying one online and trying it on when I get it and so on. But that will be troublesome and time consuming. I ride everyday so I need something comfortable. I guess thats why Shoei sells more helmets than any other company, because they're everywhere. If Shark or others, wants to sell more products then they really need to get with their vendors and stock some helmets.
Yes, but you have to remember that they're French. So the last thing they care about is whether or not another American is wearing one of their helmets! They're too busy eating cheese, drinking wine, and figuring out who else they can surrender to. :)

--- D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just bought one, the duhamel white, and i like it alot. i have 4 arai's rx7's and one rx7rr, 1 suomy extreme and 1 ogk. the shark i think is up there in quility, the only thing i don't like about the shark is the onm the visor there are two little metal things that let you do half visor or full visor for air by moving them. its pretty much all i wear now. as duster said they are a french company and i did'nt want to buy it for that reason until i tried one on for the hell of it, as fras fit it 's the same as my arai's which i wear xl

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dont know why everybody has such a hard time getting ahold of hark helmets. Here in sudbury there's about 5 major bike shops..4 of which carry shark in stock. But it's impossible to get A* stuff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dont know why everybody has such a hard time getting ahold of hark helmets. Here in sudbury there's about 5 major bike shops..4 of which carry shark in stock. But it's impossible to get A* stuff
That's funny... here in Toronto A-stars stuff seems to grow on trees. Everybody carries it. I guess it all depends on what the few bike shops in town decide to carry. I found that a bunch of shops here carry Shark, but when you go into the store, they only have a couple of helmets in limited sizes, styles, and colours. Had a hell of a time just getting sized.

--- D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hell astars, shark, shoei, arai are all easy to find down here, it's a lil harder to find a suomy or agv though

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you try Cycle Outfitters on the South side? I've not been in there in a while but they usually have a decent helmet collection.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I go there every now and then. They do have a lot of helmets but no Shark's. Yeah trust me there arent any shops around that have Shark's in stock. There is a place in Bloomington that has 3 in stock but no RSR2's and no size large. I dont know what the hell Im gonna do. I didn't know shoppin for a new helmet would be this much trouble....then again, if I wasn't so picky....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I bought a Duhamel replica a few months back..love everything about the helmet except the shield....whatever they use for the anti scratch,has bubbled up and flaked off...and it fogs up bad now too. I will email them in the next few days and see how their customer service is!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok, Shark Helmets are distributed in the US by Tucker Rockey distributors. I did a search from my zip code and only three places came up that were TR distributors and could get the shark. The nearest two were either indy superbikes or bloomington power sports. Here's the link..
POWERSPORTRIDER DEALER LOCATOR RESULTS

You might call the guys at indy superbikes and just let them know you're concerned with the whole size issue and ask them what their return policy would be should you order it and it not fit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I called Indysuperbikes. 20% restocking fee which is about $100 if it doesnt fit. Yeah I think Ill pass on that. I guess a Shark wasnt meant to be. I might just shoot for the Norick X-11.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I checked out Bloomington and they had some Sharks but not the rsr2. I tried a lower model on and the fabric they use is real nice but didnt fit me that good.
So I was browsing ebay and an auction just got listed for brand new Shoei X-11 Kiyonari, red, with box, accessories and bag. $489 shipped. Soooo you what happened next, I used buy it now. Couldnt pass that up. Thanks for all the help and Im anxiously awaiting...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got the helmet in and its awesome. Feels like my hair is blowin in the wind with the helmet on. The cheek pads are pretty tight but I figure Id use it for a couple weeks and see what happens. Might go down to the 31mm pads, there are 35mm in now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.