Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I recently purchased some 12x7 ITP wheels for my big red. The wheels are used, and they didn't come with lug nuts. I called Rocky Mountain ATV and asked them what kind I needed, and they said that per their information I need a 12mm lug nut with a 17mm head. So I ordered these (12mm with a 17mm head).

Long story short, I got them and they won't work. I can thread them on a 1/2 a turn, and they stop. It seems that they are too small, or the wrong kind of threads.

I need a chome flat ended lug nut to use the new (to me) wheels. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I just ordered a set of ITP rims and the sales guy looked up and ordered the lug nuts for the bike. Then came as a kit. Not sure of the part number and I won't be at the dealer again till either this weekend or maybe next (6 hour drive). Once I find out I will post it up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just ordered a set of ITP rims and the sales guy looked up and ordered the lug nuts for the bike. Then came as a kit. Not sure of the part number and I won't be at the dealer again till either this weekend or maybe next (6 hour drive). Once I find out I will post it up.
Thanks man!

I found a factory part number for the stock lug nuts, on PartsFish.com. I searched for it, 90304-SC2-000, expecting to find some dimensions, rather I found that it is the same part number for 07-08 Honda FITs. :)

The search continues....

·
Registered
277 Posts
Give this a try, using a metric wrench find out what size the stud is (looks to be a 12 mm). Then go to Lowes or Home depot and buy a few bolts in that size with different thread pitch. Normally in metric you will find a 1.0 and a 1.5 mm meaning coarse and fine thread. Take the bolts home and put the lenth of thread side by side with the existing stud and see if it matches. If yes you have found your thread pitch.
Sorry I don't have time to measure it for you tonight. If there is still a concern post a reply and I will try and get to it later in the week.
Just a WAG here but it looks like a 12.0X1.0

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Give this a try, using a metric wrench find out what size the stud is (looks to be a 12 mm). Then go to Lowes or Home depot and buy a few bolts in that size with different thread pitch. Normally in metric you will find a 1.0 and a 1.5 mm meaning coarse and fine thread. Take the bolts home and put the lenth of thread side by side with the existing stud and see if it matches. If yes you have found your thread pitch.
Sorry I don't have time to measure it for you tonight. If there is still a concern post a reply and I will try and get to it later in the week.
Just a WAG here but it looks like a 12.0X1.0
That's a great idea! I'll take one of the factory lug nuts to Lowes, and see if I can thread it on some bolts. On the lug nuts that I was sent, it has 12x1.25 engraved on the side. Hopefully I can get this figured out soon. I hate using the crappy looking stock lug nuts one nice new shiny wheels. :rotfl:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The lug nuts on the big red are 12mm with a 1.25mm thread. I should have remembered because I had to tap out a stripped captured nut and it was the same size as the lug nut.
That's very strange. On the side of the ITP lug nuts that I received it is engraved "12x1.25 HD", but they will not thread onto the stud. I even tried a socket for a little extra leverage, and it felt like it was cross-threading. I'll let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I spent a little more time on it today, and even after cleaning the studs with a wire brush, the lug nuts still won't thread on any more than half of a turn. I compared the stock lug nuts to the new ones and there appear to be a lot more threads in the aftermarket lug nuts. I removed one of the stock ones, and plan on taking it Lowe's tomorrow after work, and follow Cenflrider's advice.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
You have the wrong lug nut. According to ITP's website you need part number ALUG18BX which is listed as a 12mm x 1.50 600 TAPERED CHROME LUG NUT BOX OF 16.

The lug nuts you have appear to be ALUG16BX 12mm x 1.25 FLAT BASE CHROME LUG NUT 17mm HEAD.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You have the wrong lug nut. According to ITP's website you need part number ALUG18BX which is listed as a 12mm x 1.50 600 TAPERED CHROME LUG NUT BOX OF 16.

The lug nuts you have appear to be ALUG16BX 12mm x 1.25 FLAT BASE CHROME LUG NUT 17mm HEAD.
Thanks for doing the research on that! I didn't even think to look on their website. Thanks sfrankland!! + Rep for you!! :plus1: :clap:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.