Honda Pioneer Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of upgrading to Maxxis Big Horns 27x12x12 or should I go with the 26x12x12? I have already put a 2 inch lift in. Will they fit? Will I have to make any other modifications?
I was told by my Honda dealer that with ITP rims that the weight of each tire would be about the same as stock. Is this true?
Thanks, BR

·
Registered
277 Posts
There was a free “4wheelparts.com” show over the weekend here in Orlando. I ordered 26-9 and 26-11/12 Interco radial reptiles for my BR at a price I have been unable to match. One would think the aluminum wheel would offset some of the weight. I will be using stock wheels for now so we shall see. I will weigh each tire and then a stock one to see what the difference is.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Well I may have let you down here. Got my tires and didn’t have time to weigh them. According to the Interco website the 26x9-12 weighs in at 26 pounds and the 26x11-12 weighs in at 30 pounds. I don't have a scale at home, I already know I'm overweight so why buy one :smilebig:.
Here is BR after the tires were installed from the left side

From the front

From the rear

Took a ride the first thing noted was a much smoother ride and a different tire noise. Not offensive just different than stock tires. Right now I’m running no lift kit. I plan on asking Santa for a stage one lift kit from Gorilla. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They look very nice. How many miles/hours did you get out of the stock tires? I just can not spend the cash when my tires only have 20 hours on them. Do you think there would be enough room for 27s in the repiles?
Thanks, BR

·
Registered
277 Posts
Thanks, I plan on raising the rear winch a bit when I get time. When I do pictures will follow ( I will update that thread I started).
The stock tires are still very good! just wanted better shoes for BR. As far as the 27's fitting, yes with a lift kit.
I just didn't want to go crazy with the size. Didn't want to take too much power away from the machine.
Gorilla axle sent me a message today (email) the BR listings on their site "should" be active. The stage 1 lift kit is what I will get when possible.
Vision X light bar first :smilebig:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Gents, Just came back from about an hour ride. Went into swampy areas and I was very impressed the the new tires. Riding this trail it was necessary to put the bike into 4 wheel drive ( just rear diff lock) to make it thru without spinning. I happy to report 4 wheel drive was not needed. the tires gripped great and there was a slight power loss noted with the 26's however nothing I was going to worry about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.