Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just picked up an MIT-100 intercom kit for my bike.... Works great, and I was just wondering if anyone else out there has one!!!! I hooked it up directly to the battery like it says in the manual, but i was wondering if it would draw any current while the bike wasn't in use, maybe i need to install a switch of some sort??? If anyone has some feedback, please let me know!!! Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't have one but I would think unless you had something running through it (ie. cell phone, mp3) it wouldn't draw power. Call up Sierra and ask them, Im sure they can tell you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had one on my ST13 and loved it! I tapped into the tail light since I wanted a switched power source. There was some ignition noise but a ground loop isolator put an end to that quick and cheap. I was really impressed with the sound quality from a $200 comm unit, and that it came with four headsets and all the necessary cables for that price. I never used the phone outlet but can tell you that mp3, FRS radio and intercom are all top notch. FWIW - this unit is made be Baehr, a very high end German comm system manufacturer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey. The book said in mine to hook it up to a switch so it wouldn't draw current. I have mine in the trunk so I can physically unplug it. Bring it over and we can get a 2 position switch from the HD. I think I might do the same thing when I re route mine. This way I will tuck all the wiring away and hide my radar detector (shhhh) under the tank, leaving only the radio, mp3, and cell lines exposed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm new to this site. I found someone installing the MIT-100 communitcation system. I tried to hook mine up and found that when I plug in to the the Nano and transmit on the CB the music comes thru. The directions for the system were not very clear, in fact, they were pretty crapy. Any suggestions? I did find out that you do have to put a toggle switch in to keep from draining the battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts