Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think Conq or someone brought this up a whille ago, but do you really need this if you first snug up the pinch blots while re-installing the axle? Or just the opposite, pinch bolts are already torqued and axle doesn't spin while remove axle nut?
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now I've gone and done it. :crying:

But seriously, I think there are other uses for this tool/adapter.

Good find! :thumb::clap::clap::clap:


:D
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My large sparkplug sockets from snapon turned backwards also work. They have a hex on the drive side, just stick the extention in backwards. Works great.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
SuperDave said:
Now I've gone and done it. :crying:

But seriously, I think there are other uses for this tool/adapter.

Good find! :thumb::clap::clap::clap:


:D
Not really. I can't even think of one. It would be good for a motorcycle mechanic, but not for the average wrenching Joe. You can go get one that fits your bike or get a nut that fits and put it in half way and use a wrench on the other half. Revkev has a great idea. The size must be a 19 or 18mm depending on the SP socket he's using.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nedro said:
Not really. I can't even think of one. It would be good for a motorcycle mechanic, but not for the average wrenching Joe. You can go get one that fits your bike or get a nut that fits and put it in half way and use a wrench on the other half. Revkey has a great idea. The size must be a 19 or 18mm depending on the SP socket he's using.
Figures my name got spelled wrong :crap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
I'll probably pick one up. Beats the hell out of my bolt with 2 nuts tacked onto the end.

Anyone who's done real work to a 929/954 knows that it's more than just the axle you need a tool like that for.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually have a Allen socket that fits it. I can't remember using it for anything else on the bike.:idunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
The motor bracket uses the same size. Only it's much more difficult to get out than the axle.

Axles are also real hard to get out if you wad and tweak the forks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
luvtolean said:
I'll probably pick one up. Beats the hell out of my bolt with 2 nuts tacked onto the end.

Anyone who's done real work to a 929/954 knows that it's more than just the axle you need a tool like that for.
There's a perverted joke in there somewhere...
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have one of these tools works great for left side.

I still had to use a spark plug socket to hold the pivot bolt on the right side while changing my swingarm this tool is to deep to fit the right sides. Even though still nice to have around.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
revkev said:
My large sparkplug sockets from snapon turned backwards also work. They have a hex on the drive side, just stick the extention in backwards. Works great.

Snapon:die:

All my tools come from china and your using them backwards. I do have a snapon wrench, but it's currently gaining intrest in my safty deposit box.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
luvtolean said:
The motor bracket uses the same size. Only it's much more difficult to get out than the axle.

Axles are also real hard to get out if you wad and tweak the forks.
Ah! I see.
Now how was I supposed to know that. I've never dropped a nut down an intake port.:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
nedro said:
Now how was I supposed to know that. I've never dropped a nut down an intake port.:eek:
Neither have I. :twofing: But I did have a washer get loose in the airbox and get sucked down. :crap:

(You don't have to take the motor bracket off to swap heads btw) ;)
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bake, I bought one and thought what a great tool. Be sure it fits the bike you have before you purchase it though.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top