Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Track season is upon those in the Mid-Atlantic area and that means time to look at new riding gear for me. I'm looking at getting the MotoGP (kangaroo) Compression Suit. I've searched through the posts and found K9inAZ posts on the suit. Anyone else have personal experiences with the suit? Want to hear both the good and bad.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a set. Good quality. Great price. And from what I hear, they hold up well in the event of a get-off...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've seen three guys wearing them meet the pavement and thye hold up very well. Two of the get-offs were around 50mph and one was 100+.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a 160+ get off in the suit and it held up fine. I ended up slidding 420+ft down the asphalt and only had a small quarter size hole in the forearm area. I got the arm caught under my body we sliding, so my weight was on that arm. Overall, the suit held up get! In fact I'm still wearing the suit.:thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How is the fit on these
I about threw the $ down, then heard there is a back order till March
but I'm worried about fit
what I have read is that they don't really stretch/ break-in
I'm 6'2" 235, 50-52 in shoulders, 38 waist
I had to get a custom flightsuit to fit right

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
flightmedic954 said:
How is the fit on these
I about threw the $ down, then heard there is a back order till March
but I'm worried about fit
what I have read is that they don't really stretch/ break-in
I'm 6'2" 235, 50-52 in shoulders, 38 waist
I had to get a custom flightsuit to fit right
I just ordered a size 40 (black/blue) and 42 (black/gray) via my buddies MC dealership. They will arrive by this Saturday and I will go up and try them on. I'll let you know if they run small or big. I'm suppose to be a size 40, but fear that these suits run a tad on the small side (hence the ordering of the size 42). The reason why I think these suits run small is that my cousin had tried a size 40 on at the MC show and it fit him perfectly. Being that I'm 2 inches taller than him and 15 lbs. heavier, I don't think I would fit a 40.

You are right, these suits are pretty tough to come by these days. My understanding is that they are down to the single digits in terms of inventory. I believe if I wanted a 42 in blue, I would have to wait till May '06.

I'll update the post with fit as soon as I try on the suits (hopefully this Saturday).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
am looking to purchase kangaroo compression suit. Anyone know how to contact flatout? $700.00 delivered is a great price on this suit.
thanks,
Rico

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
K9inAZ said:
I had a 160+ get off in the suit and it held up fine. I ended up slidding 420+ft down the asphalt and only had a small quarter size hole in the forearm area. I got the arm caught under my body we sliding, so my weight was on that arm. Overall, the suit held up get! In fact I'm still wearing the suit.:thumb:

:pimpslap:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts