Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into getting the red/black MotoGP Titanium 1-piece suit because I think it would look ridiculously sick with the red/black 06 CBR1K, my solid black shoei X-eleven helmet, black alpinestars gp tech gloves, and my black/red SMX-R boots. I want a suit thats quality and looks good. I think it looks the best out of anything to match the look I am going for. But does anyone know how well the suit fits or rides. Does anyone have the suit that could let me know if the suit is any good? Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Moto GP suit(kangaroo leather). Got to wear it for one track day. It's a very good suit, lighter weight than cowhide leather. Mine still felt a bit tight on me as it was being broken in. Hope that helps.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/gixxerkat/JeffsRide2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/gixxerkat/IMG_3337.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/gixxerkat/IMG_3346.jpg

Awesome pictures, and thanks for the info, I would like to know more specifically about the titanium suit though

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also, if anyone has any pictures of themselves in the red titanium suit, i would appreciate it if you posted them because i have yet to find any pictures other than generic ones on the motogp website and i would like to see it on a real person. thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're going about this all wrong. You should find out which leathers
a) have a good record
b) are of good fit and quality
c) fit your budget

THEN once you've narrowed down which suits fit all three of the above categories you should look at what looks best. The fact your shopping for these leather because you think they'll look sweet with your boots and helmet seems kind of pointless if your serious about your own protection...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am kinda offended that you would find me that dumb, seriously, I have spent countless hours looking at the specs of different leathers and reading reviews, but I have found very little about the titainium suit so I posted this in case someone could tell me something more about the suit from experience. Also, note that these leathers are the top of the MotoGP line (worn even by chris vermeulen in moto gp), so I wasn't just picking them becuase they looked cool, I was inquiring about them because they seem to be respectable I have heard very little about them. Them looking cool is just a bonus, a sweet bonus, but a bonus nonetheless.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No offense intended but this makes it sound liek the basis of your intrest was how the suit looks

"I was looking into getting the red/black MotoGP Titanium 1-piece suit because I think it would look ridiculously sick with the red/black 06 CBR1K, my solid black shoei X-eleven helmet, black alpinestars gp tech gloves, and my black/red SMX-R boots"

And I'm well aware the company is worn by some of the top riders in the MotoGP.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok I see how it sounded like that, i am sorry but i am i bit of an artist and i get excited when i find a great suit and it looks good. you have to agree that it would look amazing. :) do you know anything about the suit?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
None actually. which is why i browsed this thread in the first place to see if anybody had any experience with it should I find myself to be in the market for a suit in the next year or so.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it's good enough for Chris, it's good enough for me.

I think any gear trusted by MotoGP riders to hold up in their conditions is sufficient for your use. What else do you need to know?

I may be biased, I have his replica helmet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There is some love for ya Hurricane, enjoy.

I was also considering getting the helmet he wears, the one in that pic instead of the red and black one I have. It takes a man to sport those colors!

To keep this on topic, note his suit!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is there really no one out there with exerpience with this suit? I am suprised that not one person can tell me what its like. Well if I end up getting it at least I know I'll have one of the only ones around.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just get it. I am 99% sure I am the only one with proper safety gear in this whole country. I have to order everything off the net without trying it or seeing it and base all my purchases on other peoples opinions. So I know how you feel

What do you have to lose in trying the top of the line suit from a brand used by the best racers in the world?

Buy it from someone who will let you exchange the sizes like kneedraggers and enjoy.

Then write a nice review for us!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea I'll definately write a review for you guys, now I just need $800.

Oh! I have an idea how about 80 people give me like ten bucks, i'll buy the suit and write as detailed of a review as you want...lol...(i wish)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just get it. I am 99% sure I am the only one with proper safety gear in this whole country. I have to order everything off the net without trying it or seeing it and base all my purchases on other peoples opinions. So I know how you feel

What do you have to lose in trying the top of the line suit from a brand used by the best racers in the world?

Buy it from someone who will let you exchange the sizes like kneedraggers and enjoy.

Then write a nice review for us!

Why not just skin a camel? :rotfl: good luck on finding your leathers. actually most of us here in the states buy sight unseen as far as leathers go.

one of my friends just bought a Moto gp suit and it seems well made for off the rack. no sheep fucken suit or anything but nice.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts