Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For $99 this thing looks well-worth it. I'm getting ready to remove the forks for a DK revalve and Ohlins springs. Got a good pair of jack-stands for $25 at Pep Boys. :evilaugh:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not sure that will work on a sport bike. They work well on harleys or older bikes with a frame under the motor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joel said:
Not sure that will work on a sport bike. They work well on harleys or older bikes with a frame under the motor.
What's good for a sport bike? A regular car jack with the smaller round piece that lifts?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chain said:
We just argued about those things a couple weeks ago.
Here is an idea a friend provided to me.

To get the front forks off, put a steel rod through the middle of the swingarm, jack up the bike with a regular car jack, and place some jack stands under the steel rod and let the bike down. Then place the car jack under the motor and slightly jack up the bike. This will give enough clearance to get the front wheel off.

Getting to the rear suspension is a little bit easier if you have aftermarket rear sets. Jack the bike up and slide some jack stands under your rear sets (assuming they don't fold, which most don't).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just get a front stand that goes into the steering stem. I've got a crappy LP stand for < $50 that worked just fine for removing the forks. ;)

For the shock, I did have to get creative and hang the subframe from a couple of sawhorses...

·
Registered
21 Posts
to get the forks out you could just buy a steering stem type front stand.
http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/pages/product-sub3.asp?id=580
I have this one. I take off the front fender when using it though because it touches so I'm worried it might break it when I try to lift it so I haven't actually tried to lift the bike with the fender on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Creeper said:
Here is an idea a friend provided to me.

To get the front forks off, put a steel rod through the middle of the swingarm, jack up the bike with a regular car jack, and place some jack stands under the steel rod and let the bike down. Then place the car jack under the motor and slightly jack up the bike. This will give enough clearance to get the front wheel off.

Getting to the rear suspension is a little bit easier if you have aftermarket rear sets. Jack the bike up and slide some jack stands under your rear sets (assuming they don't fold, which most don't).
If you have an open ceiling in your garage/workspace you can even hang the bike by the triple off the rafters with tie downs. YMMV

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think you should just get a steering stem stand. Lockhart makes a pretty cheap one that works well enough if you don't want to shell out big dollars.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BDA116 said:
I think you should just get a steering stem stand. Lockhart makes a pretty cheap one that works well enough if you don't want to shell out big dollars.
I agree. It's the correct way to do it. It's cool that the Lockhart stand doubles as either a triple tree stand or regular front stand.

·
Registered
6 Posts
BDA116 said:
Hey! What a great idea!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts