Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Montana Jacks multi-mount system on my Honda Rincon but after contacting Montana Jacks ( www.montanajacks.com ) they stated that they were discontinuing thier in-house receiver systems, cost too much and people weren't willing to spent $700+ on a receiver system anymore.

I was upset, but thier loss is another companies possible gain.

Anyone know of another company offering a multi-mount system for the Big Red yet? Went to Warns site and they don't list anything for the Big Red.

Any ideas? Does anyone here have a multi mount system yet?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had one on my Ranger made by Ramsey. 700 is a little much. I plan on making mine. I am going to weld a reciever pipe to a wench mount plate. Drill the whole for the pin and the hard part is done. The cables I use number 6 or 4 welding cable and quick disconnects from mcmastercarr or granger. Seams like Ramsey wanted about 25.00 or 30.00 a peace for the disconnects. McMastercarr wanted about 12.00 apeace for them. I also solider the conections insteed of clamping them on like the Ramsey was. Had this pull apart twice. Once that made me walk home about two miles in the middle of the night.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have a Honda foreman, it has the Multi-mount system (warn) on it and has been great. :thumb: I would like to use the same set up for the big red since you can only ride one machine at a time. Here is what I have found. NAPA part # 740234 is a set of 50 AMP connectors that look just like the warn style, with one extra tab for $15.69. My thought is, I could buy three kits of the above listed number for a little over $47.00, re-do my Foreman connectors, make a set for BR and have one connector end left over for a spare. Where I seem to be having a problem is finding the small receiver steel tube, the 2” is not a problem the 1 ¼ id pipe has been a problem. But I’m still trying. (I did find the tube, it’s just 21 foot long, don’t need that much!)
Concerning the cables, I got 6 gauge wire for .60 cents a foot at Lowes it’s just the same color but we have meters to resolve that :smilebig:. I will crimp first then solider the connection. I had one corroded connector on the foreman that had to be replaced. I learned then, crimp, solider, dielectric grease, then shrink tube each connection to ensure you don’t take that walk you mention. Thoughts?

·
Registered
44 Posts
dielectric grease, that is some good stuff. I don't often run into people that know what it is or what it is for. I have about a 6 foot peace of the small pipe sch 80. Check with the welding shops in your area. the smaller the shop the better. People are always making stuff to go on the hitch of trucks. The big shops think they can sell you a whole stick and you cna't get it anywhere else. I will have to check out napa on the plugs. I wish I had kept my winch set up that was on my Ranger.

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you check ebay, you can find new old stock of certain things. I located one for a co-worker for his foreman. just have to keep looking. Find the ranger unit and adapt it, you may be further ahead than where I am right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.