Honda Pioneer Forums banner

My $20 P500 snorkel kit!!!

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  olddude2 
#1 ·
I snorkeled my 2017 P500 for $20, here is how. Parts available at just about any lumber yard that sells plumbing supplies. 48" of 2" schedule 40 PCV pipe (if cutting to length have the helper cut your pipe into 3 pieces, one 9" long, one 6" long and one 33" long, if not you can cut them yourself with a hacksaw at home. You will also need to purchase 3 each 90 degree elbows, and one 2" to 3"plumbing adapter (see picture), it has hose clamps already attached to it. You will have to remove seat back, cargo tray(if you have one) and back window(if you have one). Remove air filter and clean it per owners manual then reinstall it. Remove air intake screws (2), take your hacksaw handle(available at hardware stores, (see picture). Cut air intake box to remove about half of the air intake along with the plastic tab bracket. Duct tape, wrap the remaining air intake with duct tape until the 3" end of the adapter will slip snuggly over it (see picture). Tighten hose clamp. Slip the 9" piece of 2" pipe into the 2" end of the adapter. Attach a 90 degree elbow to the other end of the 9" piece with the open end facing up toward the sky. Put the 33" piece into the open end of the elbow now. Attach the 2 remaining 90 degree elbows to the 6" piece of pipe(see pictures), now disassemble and put Elmer's glue on all the internal surfaces of the snorkel, attach to ROPS with HD zip ties and you are done. I can't upload the 5 pictures, anyone help?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.