Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of my new Cortech setup. Not yet roadtested but I think this will be my final mounting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nice... :thumb:

I had the Cortech bags on another bike...they worked great. Very good quality.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got Cortech tank and tail bags and like them quite alot. My tail bag will be up for sale soon, however. Ventura is to arrive UPS today.

Nice looking setup though, sheep!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chain said:
I've got Cortech tank and tail bags and like them quite alot. My tail bag will be up for sale soon, however. Ventura is to arrive UPS today.

Nice looking setup though, sheep!
Thanks I figure I can get my camera 2-3 days clothes and a small tent in this maybe. Now I just need to find a good way to mount a sleeping bag or get a very small one. Then next summer I am thinking of a week or more ride. Of course the alternative is motels and no tent/bag.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sheepofblue said:
Now I just need to find a good way to mount a sleeping bag or get a very small one.
I think the bigger problem is simply surviving a 400 or 500 mile day on that razor sharp repli. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chain said:
I think the bigger problem is simply surviving a 400 or 500 mile day on that razor sharp repli. ;)
Nope most of my miles are 400+ at a time. It is a 480 mile loop to leave the house and do the Dragon and Cherohala in a day. A sweet all day ride.

I have gone as far as 750 in a day although that was a long day. (need a throttlemeister if I was doing it again)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RRWANTR said:
Not a problem at all. I've did it multiple times on the 954.
I don't think the 954 is the 1000RR, know what I'm saying?

Either way, that sort of mileage on either machine is impressive.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chain said:
I don't think the 954 is the 1000RR, know what I'm saying?

Either way, that sort of mileage on either machine is impressive.
Actually I don't. I have heard the 954 is less comfortable than the 1K. And the only thing I did off the ordinary is to get some gel inserts for my boots. Otherwise 4-500 miles is a joy on the 1K. Also I am not the ultimate athletic specimen so that is not it either. Maybe that Suzuki is having a bad effect on you chain ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sheepofblue said:
Actually I don't. I have heard the 954 is less comfortable than the 1K.
Wow, that is surprising to me. I know firsthand that it's no problem doing 500 miles on the 954, but would have thought the more extreme ergos on the 1k would have made it less comfortable. One of the guys I ride with is fairly tall, 6'2ish, and opted for the R1 this year which seemed to give him the most leg room. I'm 5'9 and the 954 fits me great, but now I'm curious as to the comfort level of the 1k. This could be the rationalization I need to go for the 1k...doh! :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tignanello said:
Wow, that is surprising to me. I know firsthand that it's no problem doing 500 miles on the 954, but would have thought the more extreme ergos on the 1k would have made it less comfortable. One of the guys I ride with is fairly tall, 6'2ish, and opted for the R1 this year which seemed to give him the most leg room. I'm 5'9 and the 954 fits me great, but now I'm curious as to the comfort level of the 1k. This could be the rationalization I need to go for the 1k...doh! :eek:
OK more detail. I am 5'8" ish and have gone as far as 740 in a day. Although I have heard the 954 is more on your hands, while the 1krr is pretty even between hands and feet. For a 4-500 mile ride it is only slightly less than my Ascot since the Ascot gets hard on the backside at those miles (seat is old). Of course it ain't a liter but you could also look at the '04 F4i very light and comfy bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am looking for a good tank bag to fit my laptop... any ideas? I have looked around a bit (New Enough Motorcycle Leathers sells leather and textile riding apparel, boots, gloves, luggage, helmets, etc) and have only found a few options for a strap on tank bag, and they do not look that sexy!

Options:
1) Glue super (rare-earth) mags to the under side of the plastic tank skin.
2) Deal with not sexy bags for $130+!
3) Find/build a gineric "holds anything" tank bag holding strap thing... the idea I guess would be like a bungie cargo net that wraps the tank, then you could just use any old back-pack.

Any other ideas?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did about 3-400 on my 954 one day and was okay. Did the same ride on my G6 and was in pain by the time I got home. I thought the CBR1k's ergos were more like the G6 than the 954. Chain is probably making the same leap.

HD

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry I cna't help any there jojothedogboy I am still working on increasing stomach clearance enough to be able to use a tank bank :crap:

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am looking for a good tank bag to fit my laptop... any ideas? I have looked around a bit (New Enough Motorcycle Leathers sells leather and textile riding apparel, boots, gloves, luggage, helmets, etc) and have only found a few options for a strap on tank bag, and they do not look that sexy!

Options:
1) Glue super (rare-earth) mags to the under side of the plastic tank skin.
2) Deal with not sexy bags for $130+!
3) Find/build a gineric "holds anything" tank bag holding strap thing... the idea I guess would be like a bungie cargo net that wraps the tank, then you could just use any old back-pack.

Any other ideas?

Laptop Locker Motorcycle Luggage

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have gone as far as 750 in a day although that was a long day. (need a throttlemeister if I was doing it again)[/quote]

What's a throttlemeister?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts