Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
SPY said:
What ???? Phobe does that mean you dont like it???????????? :confused: :shocked:
I like it, in fact I own (and crashed in) a Joe Rocket Alter-Ego.

What I meant is that the shit will hit the fan over the mesh thing. A lot of people on these boards have a lot of bad things to say about mesh protective gear.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea... I know... But it is too damn hot here in the summer to be wearing leather all summer long! (110 - 120 in the summer). I will buy a leather one for winter months around september or so.

When I wrecked last may i had a mesh Joe Rocket on and it did really well only had a bit of rash on my fore arm. Plus i have a "extra" Back protector now... after what i endured this last time (7 spinal fractures!).

But if i lived in NC, or back home in IN, then i could wear leather all year round! hahahahha but living in the desert does not allow that to happen!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I for one have crashed in one and it did its job. It wasnt very pretty afterward, but I was unscathed. I give them a :thumb: and still use one for commuting and day-to-day riding in the summer.
Chris

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well then I guess I am just waiting on LTL to come on here and give me shit then :D .

I think they hold up very well too, but like i said i will get a leather one too.

G

·
SPY said:
Yea... I know... But it is too damn hot here in the summer to be wearing leather all summer long! (110 - 120 in the summer). I will buy a leather one for winter months around september or so.

When I wrecked last may i had a mesh Joe Rocket on and it did really well only had a bit of rash on my fore arm. Plus i have a "extra" Back protector now... after what i endured this last time (7 spinal fractures!).

But if i lived in NC, or back home in IN, then i could wear leather all year round! hahahahha but living in the desert does not allow that to happen!
Actually the 90 degree days with high humidity can be as bad as AZ in some ways.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea true Sheep i hate the humidity but at least you know your sweatin your ass off in humidity out here your sweat evaporates before you sweat it ! :rotfl: :rotfl:

G

·
:thumb: :thumb:
Nice jacket, and contrary to (popular?) belief, they do hold up (once) pretty good in a down.

I've got an NJK (mesh) I bought through Cal-Sportbike, for reasonable $$, it's got CE armor, and I'm not worried about loss of limb through rash at the street speeds I ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts