Honda Pioneer Forums banner

New Custom Zooni Leathers

2K views 17 replies 2 participants last post by  redcliffs 
G
#1 ·
Finally gave up trying to make the Narrow shouldered Italian suits fit---So i oredred me some custom ones. I would highly recommend Zooni leathers to all

Zooni Leathers Back

Front View

G
#4 ·
HondaGalToo said:
Nice looking leathers! I've never heard of that brand before.
In NorCal---Helimot and Zooni (J.Lindo) are the competing custom leather guys---Helimot charges about $1K more---takes 3 more months to get----there is one of those Penske vs Ohlins debates about quality---my buddy who owns both---- is a Hands-down Zooni guy---so I followed his lead---I am very happy with them---do T-Hill this Sat/Sun so I will get a chance to "break-em-in"

#11 ·
oldgoat said:
Yeah, I guess you get what you pay for. Just seems like alot of cash.
My Z suit with all the lettering came in at about the same price. Another difference most people don't know about until it's too late is the thickness and quality of the leather and the stitching material and technique. Some off the rack stuff (as well as a couple of custom shops) don't really offer any protection at all and in fact can make a simple lowside turn into a nightmare when the ragged inside seam get's permanently imbedded in your skin (not a pretty sight I can assure you).

Having destroyed 12 sets of leathers and 6 helmets over the past 30 or so years, I can tell you that your riding gear is not the place to try and save money.

G
#13 ·
abtech said:
That really isn't much for custom leathers with lettering.

Nice suit Boomer! :thumb:
Thanks--its a bit nerve-racking sorting all the colors patterns---many people have gotten some really funky looking leathers going for the MAX blingage design
the leather and stitching does seem alot higher end than most off-the-rack suits

G
#14 ·
HondaGalToo said:
What he said! My custom Vanson was probably only $300 or so less, with no custom lettering other than my name and an American flag on the front, and a standard color pattern, modified only slightly.

Exactly. Although I hesitated to put my last name on the back, just in case.

Boomer, you behave on the street when/if you ride there, right?

G
#15 ·
Having destroyed 12 sets of leathers and 6 helmets over the past 30 or so years, I can tell you that your riding gear is not the place to try and save money.
Wow that is alot of offs :eek:

Nice leathers BTW. Looks like nothing off the shelf would fit your build. May you never have to slide on them.

G
#18 ·
929Boomer said:
In NorCal---Helimot and Zooni (J.Lindo) are the competing custom leather guys---Helimot charges about $1K more---takes 3 more months to get----there is one of those Penske vs Ohlins debates about quality---my buddy who owns both---- is a Hands-down Zooni guy---so I followed his lead---I am very happy with them---do T-Hill this Sat/Sun so I will get a chance to "break-em-in"
I don't know how competing they are -- Helmut sells Zooni in his shop (though I don't know about taking custom orders). And depending on what you want done, $1750 is not so much less than the starting point of Helimot custom (have no idea what that suit would have cost from Helmut, though...)

Nice stuff!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.