Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,iam from southern illinois and run a fabrication shop. It seems to me that there were alot of pretty wild possibilities on the big red, so i went and bought one. i am just getting ready to build some bumpers, and then work on the rest. any ideas?

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Welcome to the forums and I cannot wait to see what you come up with. Personally I would like to see a rear bumper with led backup lights built in. It would be alot better looking in my mind if they didn't look bolted on. I have plans for mine as well but time just doesn't see to be on my side to get what I want done.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Here is the list that came to mind over the week.

I would like to see better “A” arm protectors / stick stoppers. The stock pieces offer inadequate coverage, the accessory offering from Honda don’t cover the front and rear of each control arm as well as the length of the control arm.
Better than stock, but they need to be better :rant: Link to the thread, http://www.bigredforums.com/forums/general-honda-big-red-discussion/72747-arm-measurements.html
I would also like to see a full skid plate with a hole big enough for draining the oil, This way we could remove the existing plastic panel. Oil change time you could drop a funnel in the hole (in the proposed skid plate) so the oil could drain thru that hole. I made an access panel for my oil filter. I will work on making that more eye appealing when the funds permit. Honda offers a side plate for the left side only.
Front skid plate / bash plate (like the one Hatcher has posted pictures of). I now have access to a lift so measurments will be easier, yes !
Some sort of aluminum roof so we can add lights, light bars, reverse lights. On the plus side we don’t have to remove it for transport.
Aluminum dump bed armor with tailgate cover to strengthen the bed of BR
Rock sliders for the northern guys, Honda has just lost their mind with the price of the BR accessories.
All the above need to be offered in black or polished (my opinion)
Later :door:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.