Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first set of proper leathers as I used touring gear for years on my VFR 750. Now that I have a Blade I decided I better look the part. How do you guys go about breaking in a new set?

·
Registered
45 Posts
[video=google;-8216645104084493496]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8216645104084493496&q=motorcycle+dance&pl=true[/video]

·
Registered
8 Posts
A good 90 mph highside or two will break them in perfectly. You need to find some cleaner that takes off asphalt oil, but other than that, you're good to go.:thumb:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mojave954 said:
Just wear 'em. Good reason to ride more often.
thats what I've been doing with mine. Jacket is still a bit stiff but the pants are pretty broken in already after about 500 miles of use. At first it was pretty hard to bend my knees to put my feet on the pegs after leaving a stop now its pretty easy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just tossed them on and went riding, figured they break in over time. One thing I do suggest is that you mink oil the crap out of them to keep them supple. Don't apply thick coats of mink oil just a nice thin layer and rub it in. This helps the leather stay conditioned and prevents ripples/cracks/folds in the leather.

·
Registered
21 Posts
BDA116 said:
Is that the art major and his twin brother?
HELL NO. I don't dance anytime anywhere. And I wouldn't buy my brother any gear. I highly doubt he would even want to go for a ride anyway (if he did he can use my old stuff).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts