Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My new track suit arrived a few days ago! :woohoo:
This is my third Vanson. It's actually going to take some breaking in, as it fits the way it's supposed to: Snug. My other one-piece was always a bit "too comfortable".
I wasn't planning on having to get a new one-piece this year, but it was for a good reason: I lost weight, making it impossible for them to alter my old suit, which was only 4 years old. :D Vanson did something for me they usually don't do-they gave me a $500 credit on my old suit. I took the suit up there to see about altering it. When they called back and said they couldn't, they offered the credit, because my old one was in such good shape that they could use it in their rental program. :thumb:
My suits have always been blue. I decided to go with red this time. It looks like my old one. I just reversed the red and blue, and added the "Vanson star" on the back.
My photo program isn't saving the rotation of the picture for some reason. Tilt your monitors! :O

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ConqSoft said:
The front looks like you're wearing a bikini.
Heehee. Maybe I should've gotten that part in leopard print??:rotfl: That kevlar stretch was blue on my other suit, blending in with the leather. They recommended black for this one. I suspect it's because their red stretch kevlar is a different red than the Ducati red leather.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those are seriously good-looking leathers! Love the colors :thumb: . And what a cool reason to have to buy new gear!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! The only complaint is that the shoulder armor is freakin' huge! I feel like a linebacker. It digs in when I bend my arm in, too. I'll have to see if I can find a bit smaller shoulder armor with velcro so it'll attach. I've seen other brands with CE armor that's much smaller.

· Registered
371 Posts
Hmm...interesting hanger (what kind) and congrats on the reason for the new leathers (not the age of them either :D) :thumb:

Those are sharp, I love Vanson stuff even if it is heavy, thats what mine are too.

It's also interesting what you said about the refitting of your old leathers...I was about to take a drive down there and get re-fit in a couple weeks cause I lost a bit of weight since I was riding last and now the flex panels don't even flex anymore for me, they're just loose. now im a little worried it will run me more then a couple hundred :(

Nice suit :thumb:

· Registered
365 Posts
awesome (reason and suit). :thumb:
RedRider, Abtech and you should make a team together cause your leathers are all so similar.

anyone know if Vanson will alter other companies leathers?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The hanger is called "The Ventilator". It was about $20 but well worth it. Every other heavy duty hanger I tried just broke. I forget where I purchased mine, but Vanson sells them. So does Indy Superbikes, I think.

Not sure if Vanson will alter other companies' suits.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sheepofblue said:
Nice looking set of leathers. Clean design and snazzy looking :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Did you really just use the term "snazzy".....!?:p

NICE gear upgrade, HG2!:clap:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
HondaGalToo said:
:D Maybe later. It won't be exciting though, I have to wear underarmour or it doesn't come off easily!
For some reason that reminds me of biodome
"When I die, I want to come back as a leotard."

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.