Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold both my old sets of leathers and bought some from Komodo Leathers in Texas. Just got them in today. My endurance team all bought the same color/style from Komodo. First impressions are :thumb: . Very good fit all around. Thats very important to me since I was having a hard time finding a suit that fit me well. Craftsmanship looks very good. Leather appears thick but not overly heavy. Armor everywhere! Even in the shins. Ventilation is abundant through the torso and legs. Even has zipper vents in the inner arm area above the elbow. Overall looks like a well made suit, especially for an "off the rack" suit.
Another thing about these leathers......the service. I spoke to a gentleman with Komodo at a recent trackday. He had a display there with some jackets, suits, gloves etc. Told him that I was having trouble getting in touch with anyone at Komodo about finding a suit to try on. He immediately took my name, phone number, and address. Said he would ship me a size 48 suit a.s.a.p. to my home address. This fellow didnt know me from Adam but was going out of his way and out on a limb IMO by shipping a suit to someone without being paid in advance. This is the kind of service and support that is hard to find. I am giving a BIG :thumb: to Komodo and the representative, Mr R. Lee Schwarzentraub, vice pres of operations. This man knows how to do business.
The website is www.komodogear.com Give them a look.
I'll get some pics soon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
motogpod.com had the owner of Komodo leathers on for a show it's worth listening to. He sure made alot of sense when talking about leathers, what to look for what to avoid, etc. He also covered the myths about kangaroo leather as well. I strongly recommend it, and actually after listening, they were added to my possibilities of a full suit company.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A couple guys on my team wear kangaroo leather suits (not gonna bash any manufacturers) and they dont hold up well in crashes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tikki50 said:
motogpod.com had the owner of Komodo leathers on for a show it's worth listening to. He sure made alot of sense when talking about leathers, what to look for what to avoid, etc. He also covered the myths about kangaroo leather as well. I strongly recommend it, and actually after listening, they were added to my possibilities of a full suit company.
Not sure exactly what you got out of that, all I heard was that kangaroo is really just lighter weight, hotter, and harder to get consistency in. None of that is real revelational or hidden in the facts.

I have to admit, as usual though, I'm not too impressed with the sales pitch. After hearing the part about the armor, and after emailing about their "CE incorporating" back protecors, I came away with a clear indication that Wayne, at least, doesn't have a clue about the CE standards and/or what the armor they sell is really doing. Wayne's explanations were creative, but actually funny as he tried for a wow effect in talking aobut what they didn't do as opposed to what they are caapable of. In the podcast Wayne mentions the knox armor exceeding the CE standard, but what does that mean? Most of the CE approved armor out there shows force transmission numbers below the minimums, which could mean "exceeding the standard", but some also can manage more impact energy down to those levels, which is truly "exceeding the standard", because the point of the limitations of force are to keep them below injurious levels, so 15 or 25kN is not going to be injurious, either way, it's below the 35kN threshhold. For me, you can't just blurt out statements like that and be given any kind of credibility.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well as I said...I'm not bashing anyone or any product. Just trying to give thanks where they are deserved for good service on what appears to be a good product. The armor in my Komodo looks to be as good or better than any suits I have seen out there. Has anyone crashed one? If so I'd like some feedback on how well it faired.
As I said before the guys on my team have kangaroo suits and they are patched with tape because they failed after only one or two falls.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts