Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This cage was made by IF Motorsports. They designed the cage to allow access to the airfilter without removing the entire cage (just remove 4 bolts and then tilt the bed). I love it. They did a great job. I also had them bring the height down from the stock cage about 2 inches so that it would fit in my Toy Hauler without having to deflate the tires or do something else to get it in.

The tires are ITP Bajacross and they made a big improvement to the ride. They have 800 miles on them and show very little wear.

The canvas top was made by a local auto interior company. They also made it a two piece unit to allow access to the airfilter. They are going to make zip off sides so that I can completely enclose the unit when the dust is really bad.

This machine is everything I had hoped for I just wish that I could stop the dust from lingering in the cab.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Very nice looking cage, I like the flat roof design. Is the rear window from Honda or did you have it made as well. Any pictures of how the cage is built so that it allows you access to the air filter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. IF Motorsports did a great job.

The window is part of the canvas cover that I had made.

I will add pictures of how the cage works. I am out of town right now so it will be a few days. Basically the back half has two bolts on each side that have to be removed and then the back half of the cage tilts back with the bed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a picture of the connection point that is on each side of the cage. To access the air filter, I pull back the canvas top, remove these 2 bolts on each side and then tilt the bed back. It takes about 5 minutes.

You would have to remove the entire cage to access the air filter with the other cages I looked at. Which would be very inconvenient and time consuming.

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts

Am I correct that the front seat belts remain intact in this configuration? Also the rear half of the cage, this attached directly to the floor of the bed of BR correct? (bolted to the bed frame) In Arizona is this considered street legal? You need turn signals, tag light, mirrors, do you also need street tires?
The cage looks very nice :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are correct the front belts remain intact. Yes the rear cage attaches to the floor/frame. It is street legal with an MC plate. In Arizona you need - headlight, tail/stop light, horn, one mirror and a license plate light.

You don't need turn signals. You don't need street tires to get the plate but you can't drive on highways or main roads with the offroad tires.

Hope that helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.