Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week ago, I picked up a rolling toolbox from a friend as he was upgrading. It consisted of a five drawer Craftsman roller, and two off brand chests on top. Got a good deal on it, and it was better than nothing. Spent the last week getting my tools organized and deciding how I wanted to populate it as I've never had a roller before. Finally decided on a way and went to work on it yesterday. I purchased the Craftsman drawer socket organizers and before you knew it I had 3 drawers of sockets alone! I didnm't even have half my tools in there and the sucker was already 3/4 full, so I decided to re-evaluate my direction. I had been eyeing a stainless roller at Sam's Club for a while and went back to look at it. It's made by CSPS Metal and part of their Steel Glide series. Long story short, I came home with her! 31" wide (as opposed to 26" in the Craftsman) and it's a 12 drawer setup and just over 5' tall. Contruction is top-notch. Smooth gliders on the drawers, and the bottom drawer has two sets of glides for my heavy tools. Upper and lower are keyed with barrel locks. The lid had hydraulic lifters. And all of the drawers have nonslip liners. Best part? $539! Now to just keep the fingerprints off. :cool:

View attachment 17123
View attachment 17121
View attachment 17122

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bike's getting repainted as we speak. :D Purple was cool as a show bike, but just wasn't feeling it for a track bike. :idunno:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
southpark460 said:
Bike's getting repainted as we speak. :D Purple was cool as a show bike, but just wasn't feeling it for a track bike. :idunno:
Thought you painted it this winter :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much did the drawer organizers run you?

DOe they take up too much space in your opinion, or are they worth it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
eeeeek said:

Check em out at Sears.com. They are nice to have things. Sockets and crap don't roll around and you can separate the different point style sockets as well. Nice for a quick inventory as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
eeeeek said:

Like $22 for 2 drawers' worth. Here. It included a complete set for 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 drive SAE and metric. I purchased a second set for the deep sockets I have too. They're all clearly marked, and its easy to see which ones you're missing/needing. I wasn't impressed with the "extras" storage, but with my drawers being 31" instead of 26" I had 5" on the side in each drawer for the handles, extensions, spark plug sockets, and torx and hex sets. All in all, I think it was well worth the $44!

·
Registered
0 Posts
That's nice for the money. Needs more tall drawers. Or I mean, I need more tall drawers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same separators but don't have the number of 12pt sockets Southpark has. So I either have to buy more sockets or I'm wasting a lot of space. Wonder what I'll do?:huh:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was talking to the mechanic at my local gas station recently and he told me spent $10,000 on his Snap-On tool box and another $20,000 on tools. :eek: He said he's paying it off with a 6-year loan. I told him I think the Snap-On rep is worse than a crack dealer... :rotfl:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just read about socket orginizers from Sears $21.95 or whatever Harbour Freight has pretty much same thing forabout $15.00

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've been looking for a bigger tool box. That one looks very good, and I like the organizers too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've got one of the tool boxes appeares to be well constructed and there is a pile of storage room in it. I have two of the Craftsmen boxes floor units plus boxes had tools in both able to clean all tools out and still had room in new box. Will put Metric sockets and hand wrenches in craftsmen box and sell other Craftsmen setup

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Red Rider said:
I was talking to the mechanic at my local gas station recently and he told me spent $10,000 on his Snap-On tool box and another $20,000 on tools. :eek: He said he's paying it off with a 6-year loan. I told him I think the Snap-On rep is worse than a crack dealer... :rotfl:
Well, that's a start. He's well on his way to being a tool slut! Back when I was wrenching for a living, I was paying Snap-On, Mac, And Matco each, $50.00 a week. Plus outright loans for the tool boxes! It's not hard to find yourself with well over $50K in tools.

·
Registered
175 Posts
nedro said:
It's not hard to find yourself with well over $50K in tools.
I helped my friends do an inventory for insurance once.

ONE drawer had almost $20k in it.:eek:

A friend has that SS toolbox...I've been lusting after it. Nice buy!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts