Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got me some new tires for the CRF. I had a bit of an "oops" last Wednesday that has left my right pectoral swollen and black and blue. Not to mention the missing skin on my left shoulder and right elbow. Sources say speed was a factor which contibuted heavily to the "oops" in question. When asked about the "oops" my bike said...."give me new tires A**HOLE!" I was trying to get as much life out of my tires as I could(yes I was being cheap), and there wasn't much left. I tried to carry too much speed through a corner and the front started to go, so what did I do...............you guessed it, gave it more throttle. Would have been fine if I had tread on my tires that would have hooked up and pointed me straight. However the lack of tread coupled with the sudden surge of power caused the arse end to suddenly be infront of the front end :huh: . This was followed by the "OH SHIT!" :eek: face. Wouldn't have hurt so much except for the fact I was going up the face of a jump when I realized there was no saving it. I tried to jump ship but the bars went to full right lock as soon as I decided to get off and hooked my left arm. I hit the ground so hard it knocked me for a loop. Lost my breath and could barely stumble off the track to avoid being hit by the CRF450 coming up behind me like a stampede of bulls. At least today I can walk and raise my arms over my head without yelping in pain.

Dano

·
Registered
175 Posts
New tires are one of the best performance improvements you can make.

It always makes me laugh when I see a guy with all kinds of aftermarket stuff on his bike, and shagged tires.

·
Registered
21 Posts
ouch. glad you aren't hurt more seriously. Get the new tires on, heal up and get back on and show that biatch who's boss next time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ran the stock Dunlops until they were pretty well done. Then I put a Michelin Starcross on the rear and another Dunlop on the front. The combo seemed to work well. This time I've gone with the new Michelin StarCross MS3's front and rear. Can't wait till Wednesday to test em out.

Dano

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What dunlop are you running up front? I have used starcross MS's as well as the 756 dunlop. I really like the Michilens but they don't have quite the life of the Dunlops.

Glad all you got was a nasty bruise.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ReaperAZ said:
I ran the stock Dunlops until they were pretty well done. Then I put a Michelin Starcross on the rear and another Dunlop on the front. The combo seemed to work well. This time I've gone with the new Michelin StarCross MS3's front and rear. Can't wait till Wednesday to test em out.

Dano
I'm running the same tires. Although mine are 10" and 12" respectively. :evilaugh: Love 'em! :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
slodsm said:
What dunlop are you running up front? I have used starcross MS's as well as the 756 dunlop. I really like the Michilens but they don't have quite the life of the Dunlops.

Glad all you got was a nasty bruise.
I was running the 742 up front. Not too bad a tire, worked well on different surfaces. Now with the MS3's front and rear it should be very interesing in the soft stuff. :thumb:

Dano

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well tested the new Michelin's and what a difference. I had the Starcross rear before but when you have em on front and rear....wow. I am very pleasd with them that's for sure. They hook up so well and provide my little 250 the all it needs in the traction department.

Dano

1 - 8 of 8 Posts