Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks decent, and the price isn't bad. I think my Coats 220 was around $800. The mounting bar has plastic protectors on the Coats, but the wheel chocks don't. I usually just use a shop towel or piece of an old tube between the wheel and changer to make sure it doesn't scratch. These would be better, but I don't really want to spend $295 to upgrade the Coats. If this one works as good as the Coats, it would be a definite good buy. You can scratch, or not scratch a wheel with any tire changer though, that's totally up to the operator. :twocents:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah...I've been lusting after one for quite some time. Put it on my Christmas list and if the fat man doesn't deliver I'll buy it myself.:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can buy the plastic protectors for the jaws on the 220 machine. I have seen them on coats website. I have the HF machine with a few tweaks and a coats 220 mount/demount bar with the plastic tips. It works just fine. It has payed for itself. Good investment if you are going to ride. I also have a Handy Industries Balancer. My set up ran me about $400. Plus the price of a air compressor. Well worth the money. It has payed for itself and made me a nice profit now. Hope this helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just got a no mar changer a few weeks ago. Its a well built piece and very easy to use. I had bit of a time mounting the tires, but once i got the hang of it, it was pretty easy.:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have been looking at one of these also and will be ordering one next week. I have been changing tires the hard way and have not used a coats so I will not be able to compare. I will post after I have used it a couple of times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts