Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 09 is only about a month old. Haven't use it much at high speeds but when I have it hestiated and sputtered like there was a governor holding it back. I can believe that and don't have much need to go that fast so no big deal but then it backfires afterwords which is bothersome. Is it limited and should it backfire under any circumstances?

I just installed the meter package. That went fine. Now I'll have a little more data when it happens again.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I can not recall a backfire, but i dont think it is anything to be alarmed about. All BR's have a rev limiter. Mine kicks in between 40-42 mph. Mine does not lose power, just limits it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
How long has your foot been “on” the throttle when you note the backfire? For cost reasons it’s easier to shut off spark rather than spark / fuel. Leave your foot on the throttle when the rev limiter is active and fuel could build up in the combustion chamber. This make for favorable conditions for a backfire when spark returns.
In short, when she cuts out, back off! :twocents:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.