Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just looking for some advice on getting some on bike video footage when i go on trackdays but i dont know anything about camcorders/DVD'S. I'll just tell you what i would like to achieve and maybe someone can tell me if it is possible even though i'm on a tight budget as 'Marge' would say.

I want to get crystal clear pictures, without any distortion and also great sound, i also would want to have two views, one front and one rear, is this possible? Can i have the both recording at the same time and edit later?

What is the situation with power/batteries? Is it possible to get 8 hours life from one battery?

I hear bullet cameras are best but is it better to put them on the bike or on the helmet? Either way whats the best way to attach them to the bike/helmet?

If i use a video camcorder can i convert the film to dvd later and if so will it be poorer quality?

Any advice appreciated, cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did this research myself a few months back. I personally have an onbike.tv cam setup that has I believe 580 tvl of resolution and has a wide angle lense. So far it works great. I have used an Archos DVR to record but the vibration makes it very unreliable. I get one recording for every five attempts. I am going to purchase a chasecam dvr which is specifically designed for bikes. It goes for $375. For the most part if you get a decent camera with a minicamcorder that can record from external videos you will have a pretty decent footage. Recording times I cant comment on. Hope this helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a bit of on bike video i recorded a few weeks ago. i have my mini dv camera mounted on my tank and vibration is not an issue. the only thing i don't is the camera being where it is. sub-consciously it gets in the way. I find myself trying to keep my head up as not to hit it even though i know physically it is not in the way.

i'll shrink down the video to a decent size and upload here some time tonight..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get a Sony Mini DV with a LANC port reliable and long recording time. If you get the LANC cable (remote on/off and record/pause with a single button) be sure to get the correct version (some newer Sony's want v1.6). Compared to the cost of most DVRs you get more functionality for a bit more $$$.

The plug a bullet cam in to it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info, regarding bullet cam placement is it better on bike or stuck to my helmet? also where is the best place to put the camcorder- underneath seat with foam??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
smoothrideronli said:
I did this research myself a few months back. I personally have an onbike.tv cam setup that has I believe 580 tvl of resolution and has a wide angle lense. So far it works great. I have used an Archos DVR to record but the vibration makes it very unreliable. I get one recording for every five attempts. I am going to purchase a chasecam dvr which is specifically designed for bikes. It goes for $375. For the most part if you get a decent camera with a minicamcorder that can record from external videos you will have a pretty decent footage. Recording times I cant comment on. Hope this helps.
Do you have any samples Smooth? Would love to see one. :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tuffy6969 said:
Do you have any samples Smooth? Would love to see one. :thumb:
Not yet...the problem is the Archos DVR I have doesnt like vibration and I have yet to record a decent vid...I am working on another means of recording though...I will let you know when I have something to show.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
smoothrideronli said:
Not yet...the problem is the Archos DVR I have doesnt like vibration and I have yet to record a decent vid...I am working on another means of recording though...I will let you know when I have something to show.
Sounds good!! :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts