Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I've been riding my '06 CBR 1K long enough without protection. I sure as hell won't cut into my side fairings, so I'd like to know how many of you have the No-Cut Frame Sliders installed. Brand names, prices, and opinions would be appreciated. Have a whole lot on my plate right now, and no time for stop and talks with the local shops.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just ordered a set of Shogun no cut frame sliders from kneedraggers. I'll ley you know how they install when I get them and install. They were $111 for frame, bar, and swing arm sliders.:idunno:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 929 has them. Don't know if i have a brand name, because they were on it when i got the bike. But i would get a traditional looking one, not one that is cheaply made.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just ordered a set of Shogun no cut frame sliders from kneedraggers. I'll ley you know how they install when I get them and install. They were $111 for frame, bar, and swing arm sliders.:idunno:
I saw those on the website. Definitely one set I'm looking closer at.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
motovation no-cut frame sliders. about 125.00. the best no-cut frame sliders made. i have them on my bike. extremely well built.

and please dont get the shoguns. if you go down on the left side, there is a great risk of the shogun bending inward and blowing the coolant elbow right there. there is a few threads about shogun frame sliders on 1000rr.net.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:plus1: Demon RR. I have the Motovation no-cut sliders and they are the best out there. I just went down last Friday and they saved me big time. All I need to do is replace the puck and I'm back in business.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No cut sliders are not as good as cut or race sliders as they can rotate, bend or flex in a crash. I have a full service shop and I see a lot more damage with no cut sliders than the cut or race sliders. Also the no cuts cost a lot more then the race cut ones do. I'm a dealer for a lot of slider companies and I install a lot of kits and all are very similar in quality. Stay away from metal sliders as they dig in and catch in a crash and can and do break frame and engine mounts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^^
have you seen the quality and the build of the motovation no-cuts?

if you have, then you would recant your earlier statement. all other no-cut sliders are ****.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i too would NOT go with the no cut on the newer 1krr's. i know several people who have them, they look nice, but i work for a company that does alot of flexural and tensile testing and anything that's on an extension is dramatically weaker than a direct mount. regardless of how "well" something is made, if you want the best protection you better get out the dremel tool and cut away.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^^
have you seen the quality and the build of the motovation no-cuts?

if you have, then you would recant your earlier statement. all other no-cut sliders are ****.
I have a full service shop and I have been riding and working on motorcycles for over 20 years and I service as many as 12 bikes a day and I have as many as 10 wrecked bikes a month (8 right now) and no cut sliders do not hold up as well as the cut sliders.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, keep on knocking no-cuts. but you still havent answered my question. have to looked (physically looked at) the motovation no-cuts? untill you have looked at them, im done argueing with you about this matter. i dont give a **** if you work on 50 bikes a week. the moto no-cuts are the best no-cust made and available. and they stand up to their name in a crash with no water elbow damage.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok, keep on knocking no-cuts. but you still havent answered my question. have to looked (physically looked at) the motovation no-cuts? untill you have looked at them, im done argueing with you about this matter. i dont give a **** if you work on 50 bikes a week. the moto no-cuts are the best no-cust made and available. and they stand up to their name in a crash with no water elbow damage.
I never said ther was anything wrong with Motovation sliders just that cut slider are better and here is what Motovation said when I asked them the same question.

Hello Scott,

Direct mount sliders are going to be the strongest solution as they mount directly to the frame.. Indirect mounting uses an offset bracket that is more susceptible to breaking on impact, however, we use very strong billet brackets that are stronger than most. Direct mount sliders are usually the top choice for racers since they don't care about modifying the fairings and are the strongest option. Below is a link with more information. Hope this helps.

http://www.motovationusa.com/primer.html

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Best Regards,
Jason Herod
[email protected]
Thank-you for supporting Motovation products!
Ph: 512-697-9672 Fax: 512-828-6378

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^^^ well stated.. it sounds exactly like what my real life experience teaches me and what i stated in my post. demon really seems like a know it all smart a$$. his posts always sound like "he's right"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Demon is correct in what he is saying. CBR400rr you need to re-read what you posted yourself. Direct mount sliders are usually the top choice for racers. Unless Bigtoe is going to be putting his bike on the track or riding on the street like it's a track day he will be fine. As I said before I have tested these myself and they saved my bike from being totaled.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Demon is correct in what he is saying. CBR400rr you need to re-read what you posted yourself. Direct mount sliders are usually the top choice for racers. Unless Bigtoe is going to be putting his bike on the track or riding on the street like it's a track day he will be fine. As I said before I have tested these myself and they saved my bike from being totaled.

thanks man. i dont normally post up buss **** guys. if i do post something, its from prior experiences. im not always correct, but would NEVER mislead anyone in putting parts on their bikes. i was saying the moto no-cuts are the BEST MADE!!!!!!!!! no cuts. they are even better than some cut frame sliders (cough: shogun piece of **** sliders).

you tools have fun. if ya wanna meet up, ill be at a track near you all summer. grattan, mid ohio, vir, blackhawk, barber.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
if ya wanna meet up, ill be at a track near you all summer. grattan, mid ohio, vir, blackhawk, barber.
Funny. I live 2 miles away from Blackhawk and have never been there. I can hear them from my house as I drink coffee from my garage or deck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I have motovation usa no cut frame sliders/ front fork & rear axle sliders. Look & fit great. Heard stories of people crashing with them and them holding up pretty good because of the thick brackets. Good overall design.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So maybe I need to rethink my no cut frame slider options.
I would and I have some on the RR. I have 'used' the ones on the RC with great results (cut type). While mine are not as good as the Motivation design on the RR I am pretty sure that the result would be FAR from as good. Also I have seen bent and broken no-cuts at the track but not a cut type (though I am sure it has occurred) This is even more a statement since cut type sliders are FAR more common on the track since not all model of bikes need cutting.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.