Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Less than 50 miles and 3 days of owning a brand new Big Red, the engine light comes on... blinks a few times then stays on. Pulled into the driveway to check the oil and couldn't get it out of gear to put into reverse. Turned the motor off, checked oil which was good then it shifted out of drive just like normal. After checking the manual and internet I learn that PGM FI is programmed fuel injection.

Started it back up and drove it around some and had no further occurrences of the light coming on or getting stuck in gear.

Anybody had any similar instances or know what might cause these things? Should I be alarmed (take it in for testing)

Thanks,

dv

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have a repair manual, but am on the road. Let me see what i can find this weekend. Could you please fill in the following blanks.

From the time you started BR to the time the event happened was how long?

Did the light flash then stop then flash again (providing a code)?

Were you doing anything different than normal at the time the event happened?

Is there anything aftermarket added to your BR? (other than factory acc.)

Can't think of anything else, yet.......

Don't disconnect the battery because you could clear a code or freeze frame data that could be helpfull in resolving the issue.

Thanks

Cenflrider

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a repair manual, but am on the road. Let me see what i can find this weekend. Could you please fill in the following blanks.

From the time you started BR to the time the event happened was how long?
We had been driving it for a few hours, went home and turned it off for approx 10 minutes, then turned it back on and about 3 minutes later it came on.

Did the light flash then stop then flash again (providing a code)?
It did but I do not know the sequence. Ultimately it stopped flashing and just stayed on solid.

Were you doing anything different than normal at the time the event happened?
I got in the back with my dog adding another 230 lbs to the vehicle for approximately a total weight of 460lbs. Before that I was not in the vehicle. The vehicle did get stuck in forward gear though.. After stopping and turning the vehicle off and back on again the gear was no longer stuck and the light did not come back on again. I drove it around for about 20 - 30 minutes after and the light did not return.

Is there anything aftermarket added to your BR? (other than factory acc.)
Nothing aftermarket.

Can't think of anything else, yet.......

Don't disconnect the battery because you could clear a code or freeze frame data that could be helpfull in resolving the issue.

Thanks

Cenflrider
Thanks!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Thanks, more this weekend.

230 pound dog! WOW! First thing you need to buy is the back bench seat for the dog :smilebig: We cure this and we will need a picture of this guy/girl sitting in the bed of BR (the furry one, not you).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, more this weekend.

230 pound dog! WOW! First thing you need to buy is the back bench seat for the dog :smilebig: We cure this and we will need a picture of this guy/girl sitting in the bed of BR (the furry one, not you).
although he feels like 230lbs sometimes when he jumps into the truck, he's only 95lbs. I'm the over eater coming in at 230..

·
Registered
277 Posts
Right there with ya! Wife has the book out on my desk. I will post or send to you what I find. I have a feeling there is no code, its was a intermittant failure and we can prepair for the next time so you can document for the dealer so they can resolve it for you. :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Big thanks to Cenflrider..!! Very kind jesture. Hopefully if this happens again I will be able to pay attention to the code being presented and use Cenflrider's error code de-coder to figure it out. So far the Big Red is running like a champ w/out any more lights (keeping fingers crossed)

Thanks again to Cenflrider

dvick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.