edit | share | delete |
by OFRCboy

edit | share | delete |
by OFRCboy

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice work. How does the rubber flap on the bottom of the front window work in the rain. Also like the rear mud flap. I should do the same with my mods as well.
Rubber flap on the outside edge of the windshield works good so far. The center I used a bulb seal it is sealed tight. If it wasn't for the hood latches I could have done something different on the edges. Rear mud flap I bolted a flat bar to the bed hinge w/ 3/8" hole so the 3/8" rod goes thru and nylon wire looms attach the flap so it swings free. i do need to get it all the way across so it covers the tires. I hope to get that done this week.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I was reading somewhere that someone was going to remove the doors to see if it made a difference with the dust. I too ride in front and with the roof, full front and rear window I still get covered in dust. I like the rear slider window idea and I figure if it opened it may help with the air flow and maybe getting rid of the dust.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you ever finish the rear window.

Chip do you find the doors make a difference with the dust that gets in the cab.
I have not finished below the back window yet. I finished the mud flap and it did nothing as far as dust goes so I removed it for this summer. I am going to remove the doors for the next ride to see if that helps with the dust. Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
277 Posts
To be honest guys I took the nets off when I got home, kept the doors on for the first ride and found them too confining. When you brought the subject up of the dust I was a bit confused since I had never had the problem. Please let me know how you like the ride with the doors off.

·
Registered
148 Posts
here is my dual battery setup. i made the box out of 1/4" abs plastic which is the same material as the black pipe some of you are making snorkels out of. i have other costs associated, but i bought the sheet for around $90. I was also able to make a glove box door and top. honda is crazy for the amount of money they want for some of the acc.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Well, Seems like a long ride for 15 minutes of work. However If I could talk you into a tour of your riding area I may concider it :rotfl:
I'm guessing you weather is a bit cooler so long sleeve shirt would be in order. Is there a good coffee shop on the way to the riding area or do I need to bring my own blend?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.