Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best method? The one that picks the bike up at the stearing stem or the one at the front forks? I need to get one to change my tire. I do not know which is better. The price difference is about $12.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What Conq said. You'll only need to pick it up by the forks most of the time, but the steering stem lift is good for when you need to remove the forks, etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ConqSoft said:
Get the one that converts between the two. Best of both worlds.
I all ready have a rear stand. At the time I purchased it a while ago, I do not know they made one stand for both wheels. Newbie symptoms....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ConqSoft said:
No, it converts between the Fork Lift, and the Stem stand. You still need your rear stand.
Oh, so you are saying that I can buy a kit that converts my rear stand to a front stand as well?

·
Registered
139 Posts
No.

You have a rear stand. Done. Fuggeddaboutit.

Now, you can get the Pit-Bull FRONT stand that can be used to lift from under the forks, and it ALSO converts to lift from the steering stem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ConqSoft said:
Save your money. The motorcycle fad will soon be coming to an end anyway.

:nono: I don't think so.... At least not in my case... I still working on getting another one in the stable. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I bought the stand this evening. Now, i am going to remove the front rim. Are there any gotchas that I need to be aware of?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ConqSoft said:
Remember which side each spacer is located.

??? I am looking at the manual now. Do you mean the side collars? Is that the spacer you are refering to?

·
Registered
18 Posts
colryn said:
??? I am looking at the manual now. Do you mean the side collars? Is that the spacer you are refering to?
Yes...side collars. Also, if you are lifting the front by the forks (and not the steering stem), be careful when loosening/tightening the axle pinch bolts as the load can cause the threads to get stripped.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Red Rider said:
Yes...side collars. Also, if you are lifting the front by the forks (and not the steering stem), be careful when loosening/tightening the axle pinch bolts as the load can cause the threads to get stripped.
Yes, I am lifting it by the forks.
So I guess the plan would be to semi tighten everything, then take the bike off the stand, then final tighten everything.

Also, it seems to me that the only bolts that need loc-tite are the pinch bolts. It looks like red was used. Is this correct?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts