Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 94 900RR with a 99 upper fairing and 97 forks and triple clamp. I'am having trouble getting my front stand to lift the bike without hitting the lower part of the fairing. Iam using the pin that pit-bull says works with the 94-97,also I called them to ask about the newer fairing and they said that wouldn't matter? The rear of the upper bar of the stand hits right below the front air intake. Am I doing something wrong? (Sorry for the LOOONG post) :idunno:

·
Registered
45 Posts
:idunno: To me that sounds like it's a bit too high. Although that could be how the '94s were made. Then again it could have zero effect on your issue as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess maybe the answer is to call pitbull and order the parts to convert my stand to a fork lift style. Thanks for the help though. (If you ever travel south look me up, not too many sport bikes around here mostly Hardleys):thumbd:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is it a pitbull "new" front stand or the old style? Not sure on the old style but the "new" front has some height adjustments you can make. Had to expirement with mine to get it just right for the Jiggy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scratch, it's the new style. I have messed with the adjusters with no luck. I take off the front fender,insert the pin. Press up on the stand and down on the handle. Smack right into the fairing every time. It has a little crack now that you can't see unless you press up or use the stand.
What is really funny is I used the thing on my buddies old 02 daytona 955i, worked like a champ!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry to hear that, wish there was something I could do to help you out. I take it the pin is inserted correctly and all that? You shouldn't have to remove the fender to use the stand either... Can you loosen the upper a bit, put a rag/towel on the part of the stand where it hits the upper and lift it that way w/o causing any more damage?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Some of the pins have a slight bend/angle in them, not noticeable at first glance. You may have the pin in backwards.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts