Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are some good polishing tools to look into if i wanted to do some metal polishing (frames, swingarms, exhaust, stuff like that). mostly talking about the buffing part like a buffing wheel... dremmel is too small to polish something like a swingarm..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there are several buffing attachments that would work on the end of a cordless drill. Dont forget the polishing paste, very important.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Air tools. Air sander. Something that I call the "whizzer tool" which is comprable to a dremmel that works with air. That with the round white cloth (don't know the name) that fits into it and some rouge (what truckers use on there bling tanks).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Jake said:
Air tools. Air sander. Something that I call the "whizzer tool" which is comprable to a dremmel that works with air. That with the round white cloth (don't know the name) that fits into it and some rouge (what truckers use on there bling tanks).
I was cutting a little piece of metal one time with a grinding wheel on a whizzer and a spark hit me dead in the middle of the forehead. It was one of those, "ow, dammit" moments.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used a DA sander for 15hrs when I polished the passenger peg brackets on my F4i (RIP :crying:) had to listen to the friggin compressor like non stop but I went from DA sander getting it smooth down to some crazy like 2000grit paper then did the rest by hand, that pretty much sucked ass.

My 954 remains unpolished.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts