Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Frank Thomas 2pc suit is getting returned to cycle gear after less than 4 months. I'm on my second pair of leather pants, and the stitching came apart again. Although it wasn't under the recall for the one piece suit they're (cycle gear) willing to either refund my $440 or I can opt for the Teknic lightning 1pc suit for even exchange.

I've never owned a 1pc suit before and would appreciate the track veterans
for some opnion. I ride to work and back in my two piece everyday so I think I can get used to gearing up twice a day in a 1pc, but is the lightning suit crash worthy? Is it any good?

Thanks guys and gals

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. I'd went through some old threads and some people found the lower lines of teknic suits questionable. I wasn't sure if the lightning suit was in that group.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a lightning suit, from the middle of my thigh past my hip tore open on a low side (maybe 80mph). Then I bought an A* :)

It also didn't fit properly, which I'm sure had a huge part in it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had an 03 model lightning suit. The crotch came unstitched about 3 races into the season and the liner fell to pieces. Other than that it was a good suit for the money.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My Frank Thomas 2pc suit is getting returned to cycle gear after less than 4 months. I'm on my second pair of leather pants, and the stitching came apart again. Although it wasn't under the recall for the one piece suit they're (cycle gear) willing to either refund my $440 or I can opt for the Teknic lightning 1pc suit for even exchange.

I've never owned a 1pc suit before and would appreciate the track veterans
for some opnion. I ride to work and back in my two piece everyday so I think I can get used to gearing up twice a day in a 1pc, but is the lightning suit crash worthy? Is it any good?

Thanks guys and gals
Get the refund and apply it towards a real suit (A*, Vanson, Dianese, Z-Custom, Kushitani). Your body will thank you . . .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I read somewhere that Cycle Gear was recalling some of the Frank Thomas leathers, so you might want to call and ask them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I read somewhere that Cycle Gear was recalling some of the Frank Thomas leathers, so you might want to call and ask them.
my suit was not part of the recall. only the 1pc suit was recalled, but they are very accommodating even though they never seen it happen to a two piece suit. I must be the unlucky one to get 2 pairs of leather pants with similar concerns.

they don't have any suit in my size to try on in the store. I tried a 42, but couldn't even get close to the second shoulder to put the suit on. They're ordering a 44 to try. I have a week or so to think about all the good advise given before the suit comes in.

thanks again guys

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cyclegear got me size 46 Lightning suit to try, but I was swimming in it. They will not be able to get the 44 so they may offer me either the Teknic Violator or Alpinestar stage 1pc suits upon manager approval tomorrow. Which should I pick? Any comments on the two?

Thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts