Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started on Sheepofblue's thread but didn't want to jack it too bad so here is the rest of the story.

Started the floor, can't do too much since the surgery but it is really easy to put down and it just snaps together. I got this far with one hand in about half an hour.

The company makes all sorts of different options and color choices. I would highly recommend this company to anybody. Very easy to work with, and got the stuff delivered in a hurry.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SYKOTYK said:
Started on Sheepofblue's thread but didn't want to jack it too bad so here is the rest of the story.

Started the floor, can't do too much since the surgery but it is really easy to put down and it just snaps together. I got this far with one hand in about half an hour.

The company makes all sorts of different options and color choices. I would highly recommend this company to anybody. Very easy to work with, and got the stuff delivered in a hurry.
So where is the company link? Now that I have started I know I will not stop until I move :) Kind of like the CBR, you just need another and another :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw an advertisement for Race Deck watching speed a month or so ago. It looked like a great idea. Where did you buy it from and how much was it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:allears: I've got a second story garage floor that'll need something...that might be better than tile.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HondaGalToo said:
:allears: I've got a second story garage floor that'll need something...that might be better than tile.
Second story garage? Man you Yankees are odd ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sheepofblue said:
Second story garage? Man you Yankees are odd ;)
:p The second floor is for storage! It's a 2 story add-on to the existing garage and the first floor will house the bikes and lawnmowers, garden tools, etc. Second floor is for all the other crap currently in the garage and basement.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Are those silver?

I think this project may happen at my house this winter!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
all that shit is WAAAAY EXPENSIVE. i priced out my M/C shop at 1000 and that was with no borders and the ones i priced were half that of the craftsman tiles.
SO i just put the Epoxy down.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is made from Polypropylene. The link is here. I called the number on the site and they directed me to the SoCal distributor. The cost is as follows: 2.99/sqft for the flooring, 1.75ea for the edge pieces. Shipping was included in the price and there was no tax because he is not in Ca. The colors I got were graphite and alloy. The site has all the colors available. I think the stuff from Sears and the stuff in Costco is from the same manufacturer. They just buy in bulk and sell in certain quantities so it is a little cheaper. From the website you buy exactly what you need. They come put together in 2x2 squares for you, so half the work is already done.

On the floor I started with, as you can see from the pic, epoxy would not have worked. Epoxy is very picky on what type of surface you should have. Any grease, cracks, or foreign substance will make it peel and chip from the floor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bubba said:
all that shit is WAAAAY EXPENSIVE. i priced out my M/C shop at 1000 and that was with no borders and the ones i priced were half that of the craftsman tiles.
SO i just put the Epoxy down.

What brand did you end up using bubba? How long was the garage off-limits, in other words what was the total time to apply and cure?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stuff looks trick.

I think I would have to go with Epoxy for my garage. Its convenient to sometimes place a freshly welded something on the ground. I imagine it would destroy platic tiles fast. Wonder how it takes to an car engine block wrangled on it.

One thing that could win me over.....how does it feel to lay down on? It cant be as bad as laying down on the concrete. Last time I spent hours on the garage floor was fitting my expansion chamber on the god foresaken lambretta.

Even worse than that was a few days under a car on my back installing my AOD in my 66 fastback mustang. I miss that car. :crying:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
G-Force Junkie said:
Lookig good! And what surgery, did I miss something???
I had tendon reconstruction surgery on my right elbow last Tuesday. Powerlifting and the Highland games tends to destroy things on the body if not taken care of. This is the last time I will dismiss any pain.

Tomb, not sure how it will react to heat yet. But I will find out. If it is as good as the stuff I use at work, it can withstand heat past 121deg C. It has held up to the Busa being on the side stand now for the last three days with no change what-so-ever. Besides, if it heat or weight do damage it, I can just buy another tile and replace it. Not sure if you can do that with epoxy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts