Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was taking some photos of my BR today, and noticed that my rear tires seem to camber in at the top. Is this normal? Also, I noticed that my driver's side rear wheel looks to be out of line. It seems to toe out. I took some pictures, and I was wondering if ya'll wouldn't mind taking a gander at them and let me know if this is normal.

Pics: The first picture shows the camber. Pictures 2, 4, and 6 are the driver's side. Pictures 3, 5, and 7 are the passenger's side. Please excuse my feet. :p

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you take a picture with the box tip up. You are correct something doesn't look right.
Yes, I certainly can. It will be tomorrow however. I looked underneath, and even took the wheel off, but I couldn't find any adjustment points. All the bolts seem tight, and the bushings are in good shape. :idunno:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the a-arms or frame seem bent or damaged in that area. Very odd.

By the way what size are your rear tires. They look pretty narrow.
I looked at the A-Arms and the mounts, and couldn't see any obvious bends, breaks, or flaking paint. I compared them to the other side and they looked the same.

The tires are 26x9x12 Interco Reptile Radials. The wheels are all 12x7 ITP's. I did roll it back and forth, and the driver's side wheel wasn't wobbling at all. It stayed toed out in the same place as it rolled.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Tiny, did you buy this unit used? It appears to have been overloaded. The negative camber and toe out make me think this. I’m not even sure we have the ability to align the rear. I will look later. Are all 4 wheels the same size?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tiny, did you buy this unit used? It appears to have been overloaded. The negative camber and toe out make me think this. I’m not even sure we have the ability to align the rear. I will look later. Are all 4 wheels the same size?
Yes, I bought it used. I bought it from a very good friend of mine that bought it new in Jan '10. I actually took him to pick it up, because he didn't have a trailer big enough. When I bought it from him, it only had ~23 hours on it. I will soon be taking it in for it's 25 hour service, and hope the Honda techs don't freak out. I tried looking in the owner's manual, but can't find anything about the 'rear alignment'.

Also, something worth noting, when I was replacing the wheels/tires I noticed that the passenger's side rear hub/spindle has a lot of side to side play in it. After I put the new wheels on, and tightened the lug nuts, I grabbed the tire at 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock and was able to move the whole assembly (wheel, tire, brake disc, and hub) about an inch in either direction. I checked the bolt on the lower mount of the spindle/hub and it was tight. This is very confusing as the passenger side rear tire looks to be aligned properly. The driver's side hub/spindle (the one out of line in the pictures) has no play in it whatsoever.

The wheels are all 12x7 ITP's.

I've talked to the previous owner about it and he says the only time he pulled anything with it, or put anything in the bed more than a tow strap was when he duplicated this video with an 18foot bumper pull trailer:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I checked my machine and my wheels are straight. I also checked for alignment adjustment and the only way to align the rear is to notch the holes in the frame which would weaken the frame. It is either bent or the wheel bearing is extremely bad!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.