Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I need some help . How do I myself re calibrate my speedometer. I bought this 954 and the digital clocks only register up to 180Km/hr. I need to open it up so it register 288 or what ever the top range is.
Any help would be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The speedometer can only be switched between kilometers per hour and miles per hour. You can't adjust the top speed...are you sure you selected KPH?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Speedo

Red Rider said:
The speedometer can only be switched between kilometers per hour and miles per hour. You can't adjust the top speed...are you sure you selected KPH?
yes I am 100% sure. I live in South Africa bought the bike from a local dealer as a "grey import" not via a authorised dealer. They told me they will have to replace the speedometer as it will only register up to 180 Km/hr. I am aware of the selection between M/hr and Km/her. This is why I am so desperate to solve this problem. Personally I believe it must be a simple modification.

Any help or link would be highly appreciated

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you got me there. I know you can calibrate them for gearing changes, but I never heard of altering the actual speed reading

·
Registered
18 Posts
The only changes that can be made to the speedometer, that I'm aware of, is the MPH/KPH selection. You could try a speedometer recalibrator like the Speedohealer and try to bias the signal from the speedometer sensor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oO that's a japanese spec bike seen one of those in here can only go up to 180km/h and lacks power :thumbd:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts