Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think the rencon box will work but have not done enough research yet to confrim this. The reverse limiter is killing me with stock tires. Can't turn them fast enough in reverse to clean out the tires. On the rincon it is as simple as cutting a wire and it will give you all three gears in reverse. I think red is going to be the same.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the rencon box will work but have not done enough research yet to confrim this. The reverse limiter is killing me with stock tires. Can't turn them fast enough in reverse to clean out the tires. On the rincon it is as simple as cutting a wire and it will give you all three gears in reverse. I think red is going to be the same.

If you figure it out, please let me know.........thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I need to put a tachometer on this thing first to see if its a rev limiter or a speed limiter.. I disconnected the rear speed sensor, and the thing actually rev limits a lot lower when it doesnt see the rear speed sensor.. Once I am sure it is a speed sensor, I can build a box to cap the signal, yet the downside is that the gauge cluster wont read any faster either. We'll see where this goes..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I need to put a tachometer on this thing first to see if its a rev limiter or a speed limiter.. I disconnected the rear speed sensor, and the thing actually rev limits a lot lower when it doesnt see the rear speed sensor.. Once I am sure it is a speed sensor, I can build a box to cap the signal, yet the downside is that the gauge cluster wont read any faster either. We'll see where this goes..

Well i will be waiting...........:eyebrows:

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Any update of this. Would really like to remove the reverse limiter since I started plowing snow this winter. I have a long driveway so backing up it with out having to list to the rev limiter kicking in all the time would be nice.

·
Registered
64 Posts
No one make a black box for the Big Red or the 06+ Rincon. Once the EFI models came out that ended that, the most you can get is an EFI controller so you can add an exhaust system. Had Honda stuck with the Carbed model 03-05 Rincon, you can get a black box that will raise your limiter from7000 rpm to 8000 rpm and it removes the reverse limiter as well.

·
Registered
117 Posts
hey guys i'm new to this forum i'm usually on highlifter's one all the time but i will be buying a big red very soon but i know what yall are talking about on the reverse rev. limiter here is the link on how to do it on the rincon if i know honda the color code should all be the same i know as soon as i get mine i will be looking to knock out the rev. limiter the first day i'm not a stock kinda guy....lol i already am sending a new cam that i bought off to web to get it re-ground, i'm building my own custom exhaust for it, i'm going to port and polish the head, snorkel it and put a 3" lift with in the first few days i get it but yall guys check this out and see if yall can find the wires
RinconRiders.com - CanvasWiki | Reverse Override

·
Registered
123 Posts
The colors look to be different but if I understand what they are doing is using a switch to fake the computer into thinking the BR is in drive when you push a button in. The gear position switch does have three wires so I would guess it could be done. For anyone who wants reverse lights it would be a good time.

I had a stick (or something) break two of the wires, both reverse and Neutral. I put a couple of crimp on butt splices as a temp fix but planned to find a sealed connector that I could use to replace the slices and add a wire take off for a relay for reverse.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Dr AL
Home Depot sells Insulated heat shrink butt connectors in different sizes. Here is an example, http://www.wiringproducts.com/contents/en-us/p631.html
Since those wires don’t carry a load you could strip them back solider them and add a few short lengths of shrink tube, less work, faster and cheaper (which makes the boss happy).

Sfrankland, How fast must one be going to get the reverse rev limiter to kick in?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Dr AL
Home Depot sells Insulated heat shrink butt connectors in different sizes. Here is an example, http://www.wiringproducts.com/contents/en-us/p631.html
Since those wires don’t carry a load you could strip them back solider them and add a few short lengths of shrink tube, less work, faster and cheaper (which makes the boss happy).

Sfrankland, How fast must one be going to get the reverse rev limiter to kick in?
What I'm looking for is a three pin automotive style sealed connector. AutoZone sells them but they are not normally stocked. I tried soldering the wire but it's not bare copper and required more heat than I wanted to put to it. My thought was to add a connector where the wire broke and tap off of it for a relay for reverse lights.

The way the switch works (at least it's how I think it works) is there are three wires. When one is grounded it tells the computer which gear you're in. To be safe I think I would run the wire up to the sealed box under the hood and use two relays. The signal wire going to the gear swtich may not be 12 volts and having it tied into a relay for the revse lights could do damage. By using a second relay or a double pole relay I could isolate the computer signal.

By using a third relay I could use a push button to override the reverse limiter. What I don't know is if you fooled the computer into thinking you are in neutral while in reverse if it would just stay in first gear or if it would shift. If it did stay in first then it would also be possible to fool the computer when in drive to keep it in low gear while going forward.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ok send me a link with the fuse block you are speaking of. Running the wires back there for the winch I tried to think ahead and ran 2 sets of 4 wire trailer harness. Reverse lights, I was going to use the dash reverse light circuit so the relay would live in the fuse box and the only wires were going to be running to the back As far as the gear selector this also runs to the PCM in the fuse box.
I was up early this AM and had too much coffee or something and went on this rant about the PCM inputs :rant:, sorry guys. I would love to have the time to hook up a scope and identify the patterns. From the wiring diagram I feel the root of our problems is the speed sensor. I’ll shut up but if someone would invent a day stretcher I could get more done. :hmm:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.